MPG of your EXeo

Gilli

I have the Exeo ST 2.0 Tsi 200ps Sport

Thirsty is an understatement ....... (kind of guessed it would be)

does about 400 miles Max on a full tank....

pottering around town varies from 18-25 mpg

A 30 Mile 50 - 60 mph commute might go up to early - mid 30s

and a steady 70-80 might get me late 30's maybe 40 at a push.....

not one to go for if you watching the pennies believe me..... goes well though and love it

James

Loonyjuice

Dec 5, 2005
Warrington
Totally unrelated but having read that last post, I thought I'd chip in for comparison...

I also have a 22 year old Porsche 944 S2, with primitive bosch electronic fuel injection, a 3000cc, 16 valve engine and 150,000 miles on the clock. It does similar figures, although I've never had more than about 35 mpg on the motorway - using the old fill-drive-fill method. No catalyst, of course, but I think it's not bad.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Just done 300 miles total and a trip to london and back [200miles] gave me 35 going and 46mpg on the return journey at a indicated 80mph - and this is on a tight engine !! well impressed. .................. Since then I have done 2800 miles
UPDATED 12/4/2011
Now done 5.5k and got an indicative 780 miles to the next fill up [ which is around 58 mpg] - mixed speeds m/way and A & B roads. Not bad for 210hp/415Nm. .............................................
UPDATED 11/08/11
Now done 12.5k, often get a idicative 720 to a tank, but I know this realisticaly gives 680 to a tank. MPG now drifts around 48 / 53 this on mixed MW/A & B roads - still impressed. .................................................!!. Note this is with final drive at 28/1000 has against the ST at 30/1000. Also the indicated 80 = 76/77 on the gps so just in the speed limit percentages !!

Well impressed more or less halved my consumption compared to the Leon FR Tsi. VW's change to CR has certainly made a difference - pity they screwed up the PD with the DPF system that the 1.9 engine was NOT designed for!?!

Last edited:

jlindstrom

I've now done 12,5k miles and the _total_ average for that mileage is 53.5 mpg. I'm well pleased with that one. Also the tendency still seems to be that it's going further down each month!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I got 57MPG on a trip the other day, but I was cruising at a fairly constant 55-60MPH all the way there and back.

I'm still averaging mid-40's though, but that's largely due to the type of roads I travel to and from work on, as they are rough, windy and stop-start. If I take a slightly longer but more steady route, it goes up to close to 50 if not over.

jlindstrom

My best indicated was on 300 mile trip. It was decent size road, almost no traffic and at the speeds of around 50 mph. I got 72.4 mpg indicated by the onboard computer. That was seriously impressive one time trip. I have since repeated the same trip with similar results twice more!

//Juha

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Love the CR170. Did a 4hr trip on motorways and fast A roads yesterday, 70 on the cruiuse 90% of the way, the Exeo is so comfy we only stopped off once for food. Reset the computer when we left home, the computer only dipped below 50MPG once and that was due to a traffic jam. Final MPG reading when we got to our destination was 53.3MPG. The boot was totally full and making the rear sit a bit lower too so with an empty boot maybe she would have done 55MPG

Last edited:

geeforty

Just wondered if anyone knows of any software updates for the CR 143 engine - mine has done 16K miles and I struggle to get 42MPG - a long journey using the cruise set to 60 in 6th got 47MPG- if I set the cruise to 50, I get 51mpg ... my old Passat with 350K miles was way more economical.

Tyres are set at the recommended 29F / 32R psi

Anyone remapped an Exeo?

I notice the emissions of the 2011 cars are lower (cheaper road tax) and the MPG better - I asked at the dealer but they knew nowt - did'nt even know the 2010 and 2011 cars had different emissions ratings.

Thanks
Nige

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
My best indicated was on 300 mile trip. It was decent size road, almost no traffic and at the speeds of around 50 mph. I got 72.4 mpg indicated by the onboard computer. That was seriously impressive one time trip. I have since repeated the same trip with similar results twice more!

//Juha
That must be a quite frustrating drive?? - found simlar when out in OZ, straight road[100/150] nothing in sight and limited to 60mph @~!@

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Just wondered if anyone knows of any software updates for the CR 143 engine - mine has done 16K miles and I struggle to get 42MPG - a long journey using the cruise set to 60 in 6th got 47MPG- if I set the cruise to 50, I get 51mpg ... my old Passat with 350K miles was way more economical.

Anyone remapped an Exeo?

I notice the emissions of the 2011 cars are lower (cheaper road tax) and the MPG better - I asked at the dealer but they knew nowt - did'nt even know the 2010 and 2011 cars had different emissions ratings.

Thanks
Nige
NB The cruise will not ALWAYS give a better mpg, better with a human controlled right foot which lifts off down hill NOT like a cruise control which still burns fuel !!

geeforty

If you watch the instaneous consumption with the cruise on - when going down hills it often reads 200mpg or --- which is the same effect you get when driving 'manually' and just lifting off completely. AFAIK The MPG display is based on the quantity consumption signal from the ecu (in picolitres injected) so the 200 / --- means no fuel is being injected.

even so the journeys I have testing it on are pretty flat - in east anglia and along the A14, not much in the way of big hills.

Did 4 trips yesterday up and down the A1 - 60 / 70 mph steady cruise = 39.2MPG

MisterW

Apr 7, 2011
Shouldn't that be the other way round ? 32F/29R
I notice the emissions of the 2011 cars are lower (cheaper road tax) and the MPG better - I asked at the dealer but they knew nowt - didn't even know the 2010 and 2011 cars had different emissions ratings.
I believe the final drive ratio was increased on the 2011 cars giving 37.5mph/1000rpm in 6th gear, maybe that had some effect. My 2011 CR143 certainly gives much better figures that yours geeforty. It just reported 53.5 on the morning trip to the office, 30 miles on A-roads and motorway.

geeforty

Thanks for the replies chaps - sorry got the tyre pressure numbers back to front, but they are as per the sticker in the fuel flap.

AndyJ - what fuel brands are you using, or is it a random selection?

Thanks