Mpg

S.c.r.e.a.m

The Dream
Aug 17, 2009
Bucks
What sort of mpg are you LCR 210 drivers getting? Looking at getting one but the only thing holding me back is the fuel consumption. I live in Bucks so plenty of hills to climb every time i go out. Anyone have a similar situation, and if so what sort of fuel economy is your car doing atm? i have a 1.4 16v and its doing 26-28mpg depending on how heavy my foot is :p

andyc58

Aug 24, 2009
Hi i have a lcr and i do about 22 mpg and that is not driving slow.Driving like a old woman i can get about 32 mpg.Hope that helps

gorillaleon

my normal 20vt is not good on fuel and i am frightened to work out what i actually get. but i didnt buy it to have high mpg i brought it because its a good lookin fairly quick mota :D they are awsome when you drive them.

S.c.r.e.a.m

The Dream
Aug 17, 2009
Bucks
Hi i have a lcr and i do about 22 mpg and that is not driving slow.Driving like a old woman i can get about 32 mpg.Hope that helps

haha i normally drive like an old woman to stay on the right side of the law but "occasionally" get the itch to floor it so would be doing closer to 32 than 22 but that defo helps, thanks ;)

my normal 20vt is not good on fuel and i am frightened to work out what i actually get. but i didnt buy it to have high mpg i brought it because its a good lookin fairly quick mota :D they are awsome when you drive them.

i have driven one and thats why im after one now. i love the styling which is why i bought a 1.4 first to see if i liked the rest. But i have to keep mpg costs in mind because im a student and dont make enough to blow it all on ragging my LCR

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
haha i got a pre-facelift cupra and it doesnt have a trip computer THANK GOD!! otherwise id of had a heart atack by now but who cares if you interested in economy get a diesel or a micra or something just get the car and worry about fuel when you need to

S.c.r.e.a.m

The Dream
Aug 17, 2009
Bucks
haha i got a pre-facelift cupra and it doesnt have a trip computer THANK GOD!! otherwise id of had a heart atack by now but who cares if you interested in economy get a diesel or a micra or something just get the car and worry about fuel when you need to

i'll have to worry about fuel economy about a week after i drop 6k on a car that i'll have to sell in as much time.

S.c.r.e.a.m

The Dream
Aug 17, 2009
Bucks
oil burner then?get a 150cupra or fr+ depending on the age then get it mapped and watch it fly as you dissapear in to a cloud of soot!

would mapping it not decrease the mpg though? and as for the fr+ i'd like one but they dont sounds as nice as a 20v turbo and also the fr+ kit is nowhere near as nice as the LCRs

ScoobyJawa

Achtung!
Oct 2, 2002
Liphook
Visit site
My cupra (not r) with remap gets around 29mpg and I drive it like its meant to be driven. On a run much better, well into the 30's.

People getting 22mpg must have a digital foot ;) Thats remapped Focus ST fuel consumption and everyone knows they're thirsty!!!

lukecupra2001

Smoogie And Proud
Jul 25, 2005
middlesbrough
fr+ same as lcr just 17s instead of 18s in the wheel department.not sure on mpg effect but would of thort it improve due to massive torque increase so can just waft alobg when you need to.

when i drive me grandads 130pd golf i drive it like mine and it still does high 30s mpg but had it upto 65-70 on a run and v-power diesel in the tank

S.c.r.e.a.m

The Dream
Aug 17, 2009
Bucks
fr+ same as lcr just 17s instead of 18s in the wheel department.not sure on mpg effect but would of thort it improve due to massive torque increase so can just waft alobg when you need to.

when i drive me grandads 130pd golf i drive it like mine and it still does high 30s mpg but had it upto 65-70 on a run and v-power diesel in the tank

will look into getting a fr+ then but am going to avoid golfs at all costs....way too common and look like cr@p compared to the leons

S.c.r.e.a.m

The Dream
Aug 17, 2009
Bucks
but does anyone actually live in an area where there are hills everywhere and i mean everywhere. i must go up/down 20 hills a day at least.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
im getting 24mpg but im always running late so i do need to make up for lost time :D
i did do a fuel saving run once, i got 39.2 mpg but didnt go over 2500 rpm. that was a 20 mile trip.
hope that helps
forgot to say im running lcr 210

S.c.r.e.a.m

The Dream
Aug 17, 2009
Bucks
im getting 24mpg but im always running late so i do need to make up for lost time :D
i did do a fuel saving run once, i got 39.2 mpg but didnt go over 2500 rpm. that was a 20 mile trip.
hope that helps
forgot to say im running lcr 210

see now i always change gear betweem 2.5-3000 rpm and put the car in neutral going down hill etc and still getting rubbish fuel economy in my 1.4. If you live in a hilly area you may have just convinced me to buy the LCR :p

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
i drive mainly in bath. look it up in google, loads and loads of steep hills. bath is acutually in a volcano. :)

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
see now i always change gear betweem 2.5-3000 rpm and put the car in neutral going down hill etc and still getting rubbish fuel economy in my 1.4. If you live in a hilly area you may have just convinced me to buy the LCR :p

Don't you watch top gear? if you knock it into neutral down hills etc, the engine uses a bit of fuel, leave it in a gear where it's doing about 2k revs, the engine uses no fuel at all. Bargain! :D

S.c.r.e.a.m

The Dream
Aug 17, 2009
Bucks
i drive mainly in bath. look it up in google, loads and loads of steep hills. bath is acutually in a volcano. :)

haha i know about bath, in which case i will defo be looking into getting a LCR

Don't you watch top gear? if you knock it into neutral down hills etc, the engine uses a bit of fuel, leave it in a gear where it's doing about 2k revs, the engine uses no fuel at all. Bargain! :D

doh!:redface: remember Jezza doing that with the Audi now...will keep that in mind when i get the LCR

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise