Maxine

Looks perfect! You must be well chuffed with it. Bet you're nervous bout the 1st stonechip though... I was! Starting to wish I'd given mines the full works like yours. Had mine painted at work for cheap and let them cut too many corners :cry: Anyway, your LCR is looking good!

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Thanks! Yeah I'm pretty happy - There's a couple of little bits to sort out which I'm assuming is due to the valeters (Few swirls, one part in particular quite noticable that wasn't there in the shop, peh!) .. Can't see it in natural light particularly so not mega urgent.

Very nervous about first stonechip lol!! Been hanging back from other cars as much as possible :)

I did look at possibilities of cheaper places but with stuff like this I'm pretty pedantic and want it done perfectly lol

tedvagas

Nov 5, 2006
cleveland
Really nice job they made there your car looks stunning , its got some stance im tempted to drop the coilovers down a bit on mine after seeing this ,

are you running 10mm spacers on the rear ,im after some but im not sure what to go for :)

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Really nice job they made there your car looks stunning , its got some stance im tempted to drop the coilovers down a bit on mine after seeing this ,

are you running 10mm spacers on the rear ,im after some but im not sure what to go for :)

You know, looking back through the pics I thought that too -- but no, no spacers!
IIRC John (CupraMVR) is running 10mm spacers, that does look pretty mean. Lowering yours more won't hurt, careful of the bumps though :lol:

tedvagas

Nov 5, 2006
cleveland
thanks for the reply Dave , first job for me when i get a day off , tempted to get some 10m spacers but looking at yours and gb's im struggling to see much difference :)

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Hey Dave,

It has already been said but... the car looks lovely. The finish looks flawless and a job that was done without any short cuts. I'm so envious. I look forward to seeing some 'sunshine shots'.

What did they advise with regards to applying protectants and sealants in weeks ahead? Do you hav to leave it for a couple of weeks before applying anything or can you start now?

One of my favourite ovni LCRs on here, by far! Top work Dave.

James :)

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Well, we've brought the yellow crowd out to play :clap:

thanks for the reply Dave , first job for me when i get a day off , tempted to get some 10m spacers but looking at yours and gb's im struggling to see much difference :)

No prob -- Not quite sure why the wheels look so far out, it's no bad thing though -- there's definitely a noticable different between mine and John's though.

Lowering helps the illusion more :)

Looks amazing!

Now I'm even more excited about getting mine resprayed tomorrow!

Best thing you can do mate, was nervous with the amount of money involved, but very, very quickly when I saw it staring at me on the day of the pickup knew it was well spent and a good thing to do!!

Hey Dave,

It has already been said but... the car looks lovely. The finish looks flawless and a job that was done without any short cuts. I'm so envious. I look forward to seeing some 'sunshine shots'.

What did they advise with regards to applying protectants and sealants in weeks ahead? Do you hav to leave it for a couple of weeks before applying anything or can you start now?

One of my favourite ovni LCRs on here, by far! Top work Dave.

James :)

Cheers! Always great to hear nice comments (Not smug much, honest!!!)

They basically said that because it's been baked in the oven for a decent amount of time it *should* be fine to do whatever with - they've polished and waxed it already so I'd suspect it's fine. Tried to get the bit of swirl on the roof that's there out with some AG stuff but with no luck so it's going back to them for the machine polisher or whatever appropriate action.

I'll let the paint go a while before I do anything at all (Have heard anything from give it a couple of weeks to breathe to 3 months), just keep it nice and clean, keep the crap off it and hopefully keep this fresh -- then, in the summer, go wild :D

Cheers!

Last edited:

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
On the strength of what they've now said - I believe now is the appropriate time to mention.

A couple of days after my original 'I LOVE IT BECAUSE IT'S THE SAME COLOUR AGAIN!' I was in a petrol station, as you know not an uncommon site for these things.

Saw the 'couple of issues' mentioned earlier and then it all came flooding in. There are problems literally everywhere on the car.

After much time between here and there, they've now come up with the solution that they'll tackle each panel individually - therefore bringing back the original problem with the car - patchwork paint.

Last edited:
just read the thread in the link you posted up sorry to hear of the poor quality of work you recieved its sickening when things like this happen.
in the link you posted you mention about getting a detailer to do a write up of the poor quality of work carried out it might be worth getting a different bodyshop to over see the work a maybe do a write up for you as they should be as good as a detailer at seeing a poor paint job.

Mar 19, 2010
I got a few fish eyes on my boot , had to sand them out. apparently its down to the air not been filtered for the gun or silicon / diesel

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
It looks like they've masked out the door handles recess, so they didnt have to remove the handles for painting! That around the door handle recess to me looks like where it's been masked and they've tried to do it along the line so you won't notice. Which is stupid, because those handles are stupidly easy to remove.

I used to work in a body shop and hate seeing work like this! It's just down to one thing - being lazy and not doing your job properly. Simple. It's like tyre fitters that don't balance wheels properly, if you dont wanna do your job, jog on and let someone that does wanna do it, do it!

Maxine

That is shocking! Cannot believe how many niggles you've found. Would not expect that from a professional respray. I allowed for a lot of corners to be cut on mine because it was through my work and was getting it dirt cheap but regretted it soon after when I found problem after problem. I felt ripped off - cannot imagine how you must be feeling... They owe you a quality finish. Hope you get it sorted ;)