Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
glad to see shes on the way to been fixed :)

Fingers crossed for wk2 of Jan :)

Bloody hell Dave you've had a right up and down few months haven't you!!!!!!:blink:

It's been a bit of a ride. Puts me a little behind in terms of where I'd like to be - but the Leon will always be mine now, too much has gone into it to make it worthwhile ever getting rid of now :)

Hmm, that matte black is quite nice, wonder what the whole car would look like in that finish :)

Haha - it does look kinda cool doesn't it ;) With the recent respray I don't think I would change it though ;) not feeling the 2-tone though

cap r 225

the need for speed!
Feb 24, 2008
nantwich
www.seatcupra.net
As much as car trouble drives you mad mate, take it from me... It's worth the overall hassal! This is the longest I've been without a car since I was 17 and I'd love to have a car again now, problems and all!!!

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Well she'll be staying now mate haha ;)
Won't get anywhere enough to justify selling so it'll be with me 'til it conks!

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
402339_10150537567949700_517114699_8813565_808418372_n.jpg

:D

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Looks lovely Dave! You must be chuffed now that it's back to its best?

Jake does great work. Did he do any paint correction with a DA on the flaws from the previous paint job whilst it was there? How you feeling about the bodywork now?

James :)

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
hey,

i actually went in on my christmas break to get the quarter on cheeky, while you lot were stuffing your face with selection boxes ;)

to be fair the rear quarter was on back order through seat, suposidly for 5 weeks, then christmas week it just turned up one day.

ovni is a very difficult colour as the more coats you put on the more the colour darkens up, you really need to be careful how and were you blend and to also get the correct shade, the colour that it had been resrayed in has a slightly colder tone to it that the factory paint on the car, so we just did a few test cards of varying shades and coats,

the car will come back to us in about five weeks now and we will then flat it back smooth and give the full car a going over :)

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
James, yes, really excited about her being back still, drive looks a lot better again ;) - definitely feel better about the car with her having vanished for a bit
8bit, haha, ya, shut it! I like my yeller ;)

Job's as good as it possibly can be :D - impossible to tell from the outside, colour match is amazing. 5 weeks to enjoy before jake gives it a going over and it's even more awesomes! :)

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I wasn't meaning Jakes job took ages just you being happy with the car again has taken ages.
No disrespect Jake, sounds like to pulled it all together for Dave

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Update on the Ibiza

I've taken revo off - because it's ****, and a waste of money (so other people pls, choose someone better!) - Their attitude is awful, and they ignore everything you say to them in an email.

A couple of weeks after I had it, virtually any drive longer than 10 miles made the clutches absolutely stink. My misfires had started to increase also - though had nothing since switching back to standard map.

Also the car's a lot more drivable and smooth without it.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
So, updates on both cars...

Ibiza is being switched from Revo to APR. APR currently have the car and I'm rockin' round in a diesel Focus whilst they do.

The Leon's paint (not the bit that jake re-did, but the original awful Burn's Accident Repair of Congleton job) has started falling off again.

Can't really justify getting the whole side getting sprayed again, no one is certain of a matching colour otherwise so.... wat do? :(

398252_10150875972214700_517114699_9748633_1731051498_n.jpg

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
It is below the moulding,

I would be tempted to localise the colour then flick into the back door below the moulding too, then 50/50 the clear so it doesn't throw it off, but like I said in txt can 100% it won't darken a midge