MrNorma's MK4 FR - Dead Fred

Well been here long enough so i think its about time i put together a readers ride thread.

It all started 2 years ago with the purchase of a fully standard Mk4 Seat Ibiza Fr 1.8t. This lasted for about 6 months and long came a remap from chipboost.

The day after the remap i started to notice that the car was running in limp mode until i restarted the engine and it went away ( A lot of the scottish members will remember me moaning about this for ages). During the process of trying to sort out the low boost and limp mode problem upgraded a few things:

Forge Turbo Intake Pipe
Forge Intercooler to Intake Pipe
Forge 007p DV
KnN open cone filter (Hopefully be changing soon)
Seat Sport front strutbrace (nothing to do with problem but i wanted one)

It was unfortunate that none of these upgrades eliminated the problem so off went the ECU in the post to my re-mapper, hes based in North Yorkshire and me in Glasgow. The following day i got a call telling me he found the problem - Intake temp was not being picked up correctly as there was a bad value in the map. One day later i got the ECU back with a few tweaks to suit my upgrades.

After a week driving with the extra power and a few scary moments on the very orn out brakes it was time to replace them. I opted for EBC Dimpled and grooved discs with EBC Green stuff pads. I am very happy with this set up with both good stopping power and little fade.

This is how the car remained until January of this year when i treated the car to a new pair of shoes all round. Toyo T1R's where the tyre's i went for after hearing lots of good reviews and my brother swearing by them in his track Saxo vts. Got a set of Supersport Springs from a member on here with a drop of 55mm at the front and 50mm at the back. It wont be long before i get the dampers to go with this set up as i know mine will now go soon enough.

Thats all the main things i have done up until now, other small mods include:

Debadge rear
Powder Coated Standard wheels to silver with a metal flake
Replaced water pump and timing belt.

Things i am looking to do this year are:

Upgrade dampers
Get rear strutbrace
20mm Spacers for rear
10mm Spacers for front
Milltek turbo back exhaust
Custom FMIC
Get Snowboard roof rack

Well thats it for now. All comments welcome and i promise to try get some better pics soon.

carfront.jpg

carback.jpg

wheel1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

engine.jpg

He is for rent folks - drop me a PM for his details. He knows his stuff

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
looking good, we live not to far apart if i rember correctly, yet i never see you!!what is it you do if you dont mind me asking?

Ok a little update and some more pics.

I used to have a CarPC in my old Fiesta and since having the Ibiza i have been dying to get it back in. I thought tonight would be a good chance to mod the false floor i had in the fiesta and make it fit the Ibiza.

Not the best of fits and i will be looking to make it a lot neater over the weekend but this will do for now. Window will be changed and top section hinged.

Here goes

bootold.jpg

What i did have (Dont worry Sub is only a temp one until system is finished.)

bootnew1.jpg

bootnew2.jpg

Bit better but things need moved about and finished.

Any now just some pics of engine.

engine2.jpg

forge.jpg

cover.jpg

Wee Update...

Drivers door Locking Mechanism is ca-poot. Car thinks drivers door is open all the time. Looking for the best place to source a replacement?

Also getting a creaking noise from drivers side front going over any bump big or small, its slowly getting louder. Been told its the wishbone bushes or top mount but the top mount where only replaced around 5 months ago. Again best place for parts?

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
before we could finish my misses calle saying she had been sick in her car at Prestwick and i had to go get her. Scott was happy as he got to drive my car back to glasgow then as he helped me out he got to drive it back to his. Made the poor wee boy want a fr again.

O and thanks for using all my petrol Scott! Ran out of fuel 100m from house.

haha told u to fill up b4 u went home. but no, so stop :cry: :cry:, am coming to use ur snowfoam soon mate

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
:cry: hard times. lest when there done thats them. lets just hope nothing else goes wrong.....whats the chats about spec sheets and show plates for national meet mate?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise