Mud flaps

DaveWells

Sep 19, 2014
I think I need mud flaps, owing to the spray on doors and back of the car, during bad weather and traversing a few muddy areas.

My local dealership is having difficulty in locating rear flaps, but can find front flaps.

Do they exist for a Seat bought and registered 64 in Oct last year?

Are they a good addition?

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
Don't know what your dealer is playing at! I had front and rear flaps fitted to my Leon ST FR prior to delivery and they are listed in the accessory options. At the time I bought my car last October there was even a little accessory card showing an offer of mudflaps, door plates and a rear bumper protector as a set.
They are certainly available as I have them, I'd go back and speak to someone else!
Conal

Briant566

Oct 12, 2014
West Yorks England
I think I need mud flaps, owing to the spray on doors and back of the car, during bad weather and traversing a few muddy areas.

My local dealership is having difficulty in locating rear flaps, but can find front flaps.

Do they exist for a Seat bought and registered 64 in Oct last year?

Are they a good addition?

they are a seat part I fitted the fronts to mine But have a look at some first as not very happy with mine they are just a bit of hard plastic and don't seem to fit very flush

DaveWells

Sep 19, 2014
Thanks. I bought the car from Pentagon, Nottingham as the price was good - and the service I received was fantastic.

I must be living in the wrong part of the country ( W. Kent) - I see via SEAT online accessories booking that front/back mudflaps are available. Odd that a dealership cannot source the same?

I saw a separate thread about Seat lanunching a Customer Service initiative - this, and my recent experience is a concern.

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
I fitted the seat mud guards front and rear last year.
They fit spot on and look ok.
They help with keeping the car a bit cleaner but they are simply too short to be very effective at keeping the muck off the sides and rear of the car.

I kept them on as they offer some protection from stones and gravel at least.

The Rallye flaps I imagine will work much better as they are longer but they look awful imho :)

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
There are Rally FlapZ sold here for £69.99 for a set of 4. They had a very marmite reception on these forums with most people falling on the 'hate' side of the fence but I like them and the pics used on that site are of them fitted on my car. They give a different look to your car (Which a lot on here seem to dislike but each to their own) and they do an excellent job of keeping stones and crap off the sides of the car....

Last edited:

Blakeney

Nov 20, 2014
There are Rally FlapZ sold for £69.99 for a set of 4. They had a very marmite reception on these forums with most people falling on the 'hate' side of the fence but I like them and the pics used on that site are of them fitted on my car. They give a different look to your car (Which a lot on here seem to dislike but each to their own) and they do an excellent job of keeping stones and crap off the sides of the car....

Would you know if they also fit, or can be adapted, to an ST? I'm guessing that the front arches are the same as the hatchback but the rear may be different. Have spoken to Ian but he hadn't seen an ST.

Leon ST FR 1.4ACT 2014

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
Decided to take mine off today as I am always washing the car anyway :lol:

Will put them in the for sale section in a bit, but if anyone here is interested then will be looking for £80 delivered for the set of 4 genuine mud guards.

Gave them a quick clean up, just a few dry muddy parts but are pretty much perfect.

:)

Conal

Sep 10, 2014
I've got close up pics of the mud flaps fitted to my ST, I think they are the same. I can't post photos on here but if anyone would like to PM their email address to me then I'll happily send them a set.
Conal

jaba101

Jun 16, 2008
South West
Picture of the rears I'll post the fronts tomorrow definitely help with the spray
fea00c289e86af7237bb11a3e1394ae1.jpg

jaba101

Jun 16, 2008
South West
Rears are easy to fit wheel off and use the existing t25 screws fronts are a little more of a job you need to drill through the arch liner but spray has almost stopped cleaning is much easier

Raven

Mar 10, 2014
I've only the front mud-flaps. I didnt take the wheel of, nor did I drill any hole. I used the existing bolts. Looked at a Skoda Ocatvia with factory fitted mud-flaps and no extra holes there.

The job is maybe 5 minutes, 4 minutes to unscrew the screws and clean the area. 1 minute to fit the mud-flaps and attach the screws.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members