Mudflaps please post on here when they arrive!

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
I'm hoping he will give me permission shortly. I can't stress how good they look short of putting pictures up.....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Thanks for the info mate, will check it out when you can upload pics of the mud flaps you have.

Ahh OK, thanks for confirming. I'm not sure if I trust myself to do the job properly as it involves drilling into the wheel liner to fit I believe and I'm not very good at DIY! :)

Take a look for the SEAT Dealers around you Aj, grab all the part enquiry email addresses and fire off a wave of emails, you'd be surprised the differences that come through, ask for vat inclusive prices, saves re-emailing them.

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
hi AJ fitted seat ones to mine last week no drilling on rears only front the square holes for clips are already there you only have to make hole in liner but the 9mm hole that goes into the sill i did not use at all only the outer 3 screws and they are solid no need for inner screw they are all easy to fit but you want t25 torque driver short one

Last edited:

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Andy, Smurf thanks for the tips. I suppose it doesn't sound too hard to fit.

Will wait to see what the creation performance ones look like on Zombie's car before making a decision whether to get the original SEAT ones and fit myself.

Mk1Cortina1964

Mk1 Cortina 0-60 19.0secs
Feb 20, 2014
North Suffolk
Thanks for that tip Smurf123 - I have today bought a T25 torx in anticipation of fitting the SEAT ones when my car arrives. I assume there is a reasonable amount of access at the front if the wheels are turned out?
Bernard.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Will wait to see what the creation performance ones look like on Zombie's car before making a decision whether to get the original SEAT ones and fit myself.

I am trying to help and push the owner to get them up for sale ASAP, he is getting some cutting tools made up and once they are done he should be able to straight into production. I can't wait to get the go ahead from him to put some pictures up.....

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
they look good mate shame as i purchased the seat ones but before the prices increased so only paid £80 from dealer but i think he cocked the price up should of been more but im not complaining

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Good heads-up SZ, way better in looks and vfm imo, alas we're in the same boat as Smurf...cept I'm complaining:lol:

Last edited:

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Its a shame he has been so busy with so many different models that it slowed him down getting these done. I think a lot of people will have already forked out for Seat ones or settled with halfords universal fit ones......

CharlySkunkweed

Aug 10, 2014
Northern Ireland
Is there any other choices when it comes to mudflaps ? I need a set for a 2010 Leon FR. All I'm seeing is Seat ones that are "ok" , these rally flaps that im not too sure on yet , and "universal" which translates to wont fit or may look horrible.

Any links appreciated .

CharlySkunkweed

Aug 10, 2014
Northern Ireland
Thanks for that. I actually had a good look at one outside where I was working yesterday , not long after my last post. I wont be spending 80 on them I'm afraid. Paid 20 for a set of 4 universal ones yesterday that dont look much different ! They'll at least do till I find a used set for sale.

Blakeney

Nov 20, 2014
Finally! .................................................................

£70 for normal PVC
£80 for 4mm PVC
£140 for kaylan

These are an absolute steal! I prefer them to the spats that seat are selling and they do a brilliant job at keeping mud, stones and tar off the sides of the car.

So happy I can finally show these off!

I've been talking to Ian at PerformanceCreations and we are not certain if these flaps will fit the rear of an ST. Has anyone managed this or knows if the rear arches pose a problem? I'm assuming the front is identical to the hatch.

Leon ST FR 1.4ACT 2014

dmcer

Jan 9, 2015
SE
Can I ask you mudflap owners how much of reduction they have on rear wheel spray?

I've had my white Leon a few weeks now, and it gets dirty real quick anyway, but.. I washed it on Wednesday eve, Thursday morning it was chucking it down and after 15 mile motorway blast to work, the car mostly looked fine, but the rear of it was mucky as hell! I'm also finding I'm using a lot of washer juice keeping that back window clear.

Last edited:

EoinM

The sides of the car are kept in decent order by them in my opinion. I've a white FR too and it's actually pretty clean compared to other cars I've had (always get moulded flaps on) but the rear gets bad. I think it's just the flat back that does it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members