Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store. We've also updated our terms and conditions so check them out too.

Muffler delete

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2' started by Clarky89, May 31, 2018.

1. Clarky89

Clarky89 Full Member

Hi everyone,

Been looking into some mods for my Leon CR170. I've seen on ebay you can get a Ulter Sport muffler delete pipe for £115. Does anyone know how much different this would be to a non resonated milltek etc other than price.

2. linfordfr

linfordfr nardo grey

no matter which box/straight pipe, itll make no difference with the dpf in......unless youve already took it out

3. Clarky89

Clarky89 Full Member

Hi thanks for the reply. I was thinking more in the way of noise would it become unbearable on longer journeys etc. I need to replace my back box as its quite badly corroded and an aftermarket upgrade seems the better option. And for £115 a straight pipe seems to be a good option.

4. linfordfr

linfordfr nardo grey

even if its striaght from the turbo, no dpf, no boxes, there still not that loud. keep the dpf in and ittl make no difference. you shoud be abe to get a back box delete and tip of choice for cheaper than that.

5. Rusty2k

Rusty2k Full Member

Going by this video it's a little louder with a deeper tone with the rear box removed. Not chavvy twat loud though, which is nice.

6. IrnBru

IrnBru Senior Member

Wouldn't that be an MOT failure now?

7. razmeister

razmeister Member

Hi, been thinking about the same also! Sounds like a good mod to do, but was worried about it affecting the MOT also.

With this mod done however, is it "loud" always, or is it only so when in Cupra mode etc? I want it a bit louder but not all the time!

8. R3k1355

R3k1355 Senior Member

Yea with the new raft of rules it's best to check the manual thoroughly before trying it out.