Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Multiple issues with 2019 Seat Leon Cupra

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by tallen96, Nov 27, 2019.

1. tallen96

tallen96 Active Member

Was just to make the noise more prominent. Don't think my back would last that long if i went over them like that all the time lol

2. tallen96

tallen96 Active Member

Hi guys, finally got some news back from the dealer. Turns out he gearbox mount had completely fallen out the car due to improper fitting from factory. They had to take the gearbox out to check there was no damage to it. Turns out the rear clutch plate had been thrown out of alignment when the mount fell out and had sheared some of the teeth holding it in place. Gladly it's all been fixed under warranty thank god.

ray, Norbert, Kirky and 2 others like this.
  3. bgb

bgb Active Member

Good news, but please take those bumps with less urgency now!!

tallen96 likes this.
  4. Kirky

Kirky Active Member

Great to hear some good news about a warranty claim for once!

tallen96 likes this.
  5. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Active Member

I'll be honest, I would be kicking up a major league stink about this and wanting more than a new gearbox mount. It seems highly possible that other wear or damage has been done and they can't prove that it hasn't. You could get problems years down the line because of say wear to a driveshaft that this has caused.

tallen96 and RUM4MO like this.
  6. tallen96

tallen96 Active Member

Thankfully, my car's a lease so i won't be keeping it indefinitely. i did say to "Robert Burrage" (head of Seat Slough) that the quality control needs to be sorted as two major issues (alignment and fitting tension) had not been carried out and therefore had caused my vehicle to have potentially dangerous issues.

7. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Active Member

It's astonishing that faults like this can get through.

I remember years ago learning about the way in which the Japanese car manufacturers entered the UK car market in the seventies. It was totally normal for UK built cars to suffer glaring faults like this while Japanese cars were super reliable. On a UK production line, one guy put on a few bits and the next guy put on the next bits. In Japan, one guy put on his bits and the next guy, before he put on the next bits, checked that the guy before him had done his parts correctly. So everything was double checked. That was just one of the many differences but British workers and unions didn't want to accept changes and the UK car industry died.

I assumed that today pretty much all car factories would be running in ways that would make really big mistakes impossible. I guess not, although I think they are very rare.

8. Legojon

Legojon I only wanted a remap

Comes down to $$$ before quality. A mate of mine used to work on the assembly line and he hated it. He said basically if someone on his section managed to beat whatever the current fastest assembly time was, that became the new amount of time they had. So basically they expected the line to always move at it's fastest and continually get faster. At the end of every few sections there was a guy with a bucket of parts looking to see if anything had been missed or not done properly and would do his best to fix it. But again, he was also against the clock.

I asked what he did if he couldn't finish his bit before the line moved on. He just shrugged and said "I just start on the next one".

9. LR231998

LR231998 Alor Blue 290 Cupra

One question. HOW THE **** CAN A GEARBOX MOUNT BE LEFT OUT?

Glad it’s sorted, now slow down on the bumps,
    Someone else will drive it when you’ve handed it back :brucelee::cry:

10. motty225

motty225 B9 S4

I doubt the mount was left out, more like its been launched alot and he's getting aggressive wheel hop and its caused it to work loose, still not good either way obviously

11. motty225

motty225 B9 S4

Oh and when I say launch I don't mean using launch control, if that's what you can call it, I just mean heavy acceleration in first and pulling out of junctions when it's wet etc

LR231998 likes this.
  12. LR231998

If by launch you mean hopping for 3 minutes and going nowhere ;) lol these cars are TERRIBLE at launching

13. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Active Member

Are you serious? There's no way you could make a properly fitted engine mount fall off by driving the car aggressively. Even breaking one would be very hard to do.

14. tallen96

tallen96 Active Member

Was going over the bumps to demonstrate the issue. I never usually go that fast as i think i’d break my back

LR231998 likes this.
  15. tallen96

tallen96 Active Member

Yeah i do get the occasional hop. I’ve basically just learnt to never floor it in 2nd gear. Think changing to some p4s’s will help as the conti’s are shocking

16. LR231998

They help but it still happens too much lol

17. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Active Member

They do that in call centres as well. I did think a car production line would be more quality focused.

Legojon likes this.
  18. motty225

motty225 B9 S4

I didn't say it was correctly fitted, I said it wouldn't have been missing originally

19. Mr Pig

Mr Pig Active Member

I one hundred percent think it was missing out of the box. Even if it was not tightened correctly you'd have to completely unwind minimum four bolts to get the thing to fall off the car. They just don't want to admit it was never fitted.