Multiple misfire

Liam180cupra

Jan 27, 2016
I have a code for multiple missfires.
Recently remapped.
New maf a month ago (bosch)
Various other parts.
Will this be coilpacks as its down on power and the engine is running rough.
Had a service around 6 months ago with decent bits.
Any help would be great

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
As with any coilpack failure, run the engine and take them out one at a time, if the engine doesn't make any adjustments (a different tone will be obvious when your so close) then that coil has failed, usually burnt out on the bottom of the coil too. Put the ones that are ok (engine adjusts when they were removed) back in, and replace the other one/ones.

Could also be a spark plug issue, but start with the coils, it's a typical LC problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liam180cupra

Jan 27, 2016
Sorted the problem.
Split vac hose.
Seems to be taking foreve to spool the turbo although fuel trims are spot on idleing.
Going to check the manifold to turbo and see if thats leaking again as ive replavced the gasket and re tightened twice.
Maybe some new bolts and high heat lock tight are in order

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
Yeah i'd go with the high heat lock all day, my vac hose split after i'd had my LCR about a week, did the same and then i just splashed the cash and replaced every hose to do with air intake, turbo and coolant with forge silicone hosing and i've had no issue since, nearly a year on now

Liam180cupra

Jan 27, 2016
I did the same. Full hose kit actuator n75 and bosch maf to be sure.
Going to replace all coilpacks soon so i know their good for a while including service.
Running 20psi of boost now and everything is holding up well except the manifold to turbo.

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
Keep any good coils in your car somewhere, thats a mistake you only make once Ive never tested boost pressures, probably never will either, people on here are forever chasing missing figures like ghosts through a wall. She hits 140 fine, thats fast enough for british roads. I'll only start looking in that direction if those speeds get harder to reach

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.