Must have option?

Ari Gold

Feb 9, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am about to order the cupra ateca and wonder what are some of the options one must spec?

So far these are the options I have chosen:
Bucket seats (still doubting between these and regular full leather ones)
Panoram. Roof
Black pack interior
Heated front window
Electric trunk + virtual pedal + keyless entry
Upgraded alarm
Advanced comfort and driving pack 2
Double bottom boot/trunk
Brembo brakes
Winter pack: heated seats and heated headlight washers

Main thing I did not get was the beats audio, because that wouldnt allow for the double bottom trunk, and because I dont listen to music much. Or are those a must have?

Any options I should ditch? Or select?

Regards,
Thomas

Reactions: perelaar

Billyray911

Aug 12, 2018
Hi,in the uk we have less options as most of the above are included in purchasable packs.Have a search for the comfort and sound pack and the design pack.
The only options over and above what’s part of the above,are the bucket seats,pano sunroof and tow bar.
Metallic paint is also a no cost option.
We don’t have a heated screen option on the Cupra as far as I know and I don’t know what the upgraded alarm constitutes.With our vehicle crime rate,it’s probably the same spec as standard.
Personally,the pano is a must have for me and I was leaning towards the bucket seats,but at £1600,they are expensive.
If any of the above is incorrect,I’m sure that I’ll be corrected.
Would be interested in the prices of your available options are,to see how it all compares.

johnd

Nov 18, 2018
Must say that the limited options available here in the UK are what's stopped me ordering a Cupra Ateca. Specifically I would have wanted electric seats to get some variable tilt to the base cushion.

It's not so much that not having electric seats is a deal-breaker, but the Cupra price is close to premium car price in the Ateca class and there's just not enough of a premium feel to the cabin to justify this. The lack of electric seats is for me a giveaway symptom of the lack of premium-ness, but there are other things I could point to like the basic quality of the door cards.

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
If not ordered already, must have option: metallic colour. If resale value is very important to you: Rodium grey, black or white.
Take into consideration the more limited adjustment possibilities of the bucket seats (lack of adjustable lumbar support). If you take the full leather seats (we did), winter pack comes included with the seats. I would ditch the virtual pedal and Kessy, and select electrically adjustable drivers seat instead. Electric trunk opening comes as standard anyway. Heated front window only essential when you park your car outside every night.

Driving/comfort pack: personal preference, we did not select it - I don't trust these driver aids.

I have heard bad reports about the brake discs used with the Brembo pack - dealer actually warned us off them; danger of warping when suddenly cooled (water on road, carwash...).

For the readers outside Belgium: prices in the configurator here, these are reasonably close to the dealer prices, but without any discount of course. For the moment in French only, Dutch site seems to be down.

Reactions: Billyray911
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.