Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

My 1.9 TDI 110 SE

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by Coops1645, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Coops1645

[​IMG] Completely new to this forum so figured I'd make a bit of a thread on this little project I've acquired

It's a 1.9 TDI 110 SE, it's had a remap and had the Cupra R kit very poorly stuck on to it (If anyone has either the Cupra or Cupra R front bumper for sale I'd be interested! As previous owners have butchered the behind of the bumper so the fog lights nor the plastic surrounds can be fitted properly ) It's got around 120,000 on the clock and despite being owned by people who have questionable ideas on how to modify/repair cars, it's in fairly decent condition besides bodywork needing some attention and just some general care to the engine.

I brought it as I needed something to accommodate for my missus and the bab, and I wasn't allowed a second car as a project, so I had to sell my run around and needed something that ran and wasn't going to burn a hole through my pocket, so here I am!

I've already had to do the Mr Muscle treatment on the turbo, and I've managed to fix the side skirts on to the car despite not having all of the fixings supplied

I'm hoping to restore this and make it look respectable again, hopefully do some little power mods and get the suspension a bit stiffer.

At the moment I need to :
    Replace passenger shock absorber
    Sort out the ARB bushes/swap standard ARB for better counterpart
    Either mufflerectomy or have this backbox the previous owner left in the car fitted
    Replace alloys for original Seat ones
    Sort the various bumps/paintwork out
    Replace the front bumper

That's it so far until I find inspiration for other things to do

Attached Files:

Zardoz likes this.
  2. Zardoz

Zardoz Active Member

Hi Coops, welcome to the forum.

The 110 TDi SE is a fine car indeed :D

Mines been mapped, lowered 35mm (springs on standard shocks) uprated bushes and dogbone mount. Had to Mr Muscle my turbo a couple of times too mate, oh and the EGR valve has been scrubbed too. Loads of info on here for maintenance and upgrades. How are your door seals (another common problem but easily fixed).

Coops1645 likes this.
  3. Coops1645

It is! The engine seems extremely sturdy in spite of my fears it may have been thrashed heavily before I took ownership (I originally didn't want a car that had been remapped, but this just came up at around the right price for me, so I couldn't resist )

I think my dogbone might be on it's way out due to a fair bit of vibration in the cabin, and the previous owner mentioned something about an engine mount being a weak point, but never properly described which one had actually gone. I'd thought about uprating the bushes, as my ARB ones need replacing but I've heard that the Cupra R has an uprated ARB so I've been contemplating changing the suspension to that spec, but the car actually handles like it's on rails as it is, I was actually shocked at how much confidence I felt I could have in the car at a corner! My passenger seal is slightly coming off and my driver's is hanging loose at the moment, I've placed it back on as a temporary fix a few times now, but I've been caught up trying to make something good of my bumper at the moment, as the fog light surround has been cut out and the wiring is butchered, and there's nothing I hate more than having two great holes in the bumper. Have you done a thread on yours? I'd be interested to read your journey with your car so far!

4. Zardoz

Zardoz Active Member

Not done a dedicated thread on mine but happy to tell you bits I’ve done and found out.

As for the door seals it’s not the rubber strips you see when you open your door, it’s the factory fitted seals that are on the inner door that perish and need to be replaced with butyl strip (you’ll know if you see puddles in footwells!). A common problem on here but straight forward to put right.

5. verbal_kint

verbal_kint Active Member

The 110 is a super reliable lump and I have one that I have been meaning to break for ages but other things get in the way so if you need anything... and it's the same red.
    I have a set of lowering springs that I never got to fit as well as a complete subframe with ARB attached with Polybushes fitted.