My 2010 MK2 Leon 2.0 TDI has a PD engine and no DPF?

gateofoblivion

Jul 26, 2018
So finally got my car tuned today and absolutely thrilled with it. Some of you may remember my issue last week where it went to get remapped but started chucking out black smoke.

The guy who tuned it today noticed something strange about my car. My Leon is a 2010 plate facelift model which should have a CR engine, but it has a PD engine and no DPF. He said he has never seen this combination on a Leon, especially one from 2010. It is 100% stock and is how it came out of the factory.

Does anyone know anything about this or am I just getting curious about nothing?

Thank you in advance!

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Can you post a picture of your build sticker? That would shed some light on what's going on.

It's on the boot floor under the boot lining and there should be a copy in the service book too.

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
As above lift boot liner take a picky of the label on the left side and post it here.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

gateofoblivion

Jul 26, 2018
As above lift boot liner take a picky of the label on the left side and post it here.

Can you post a picture of your build sticker? That would shed some light on what's going on.

It's on the boot floor under the boot lining and there should be a copy in the service book too.

Bit worn but here you go

Attachments

• IMG_20180809_200434_439.jpg
    IMG_20180809_200434_439.jpg
    636.8 KB · Views: 94

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
I will look at mine tomorrow when I get it back from the garage is yours a pre facelift?

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Okay - silly question - are you sure it's a facelift car and not a late registered pre-facelift car?

The portion of the VIN that would identify the age of the car is damaged on the label.

No DPF is correct for the BKD engine in the Mk2 Leon so I'm a bit surprised your tuner is saying he's never seen that before.

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
Another quick way to tell go on parkers free car valuation just ran mine and it said CR on it. Sorry not of much help until dinner tomorrow as I can't go look at my car.

gateofoblivion

Jul 26, 2018
Okay - silly question - are you sure it's a facelift car and not a late registered pre-facelift car?

The portion of the VIN that would identify the age of the car is damaged on the label.

No DPF is correct for the BKD engine in the Mk2 Leon so I'm a bit surprised your tuner is saying he's never seen that before.

I will look at mine tomorrow when I get it back from the garage is yours a pre facelift?

100% facelift. Has everything of the facelift model, new steering wheel, new front/rear bumper.

DannyallenFR

Feb 16, 2018
It's more the fact it's a 2010 model with a PD engine and no DPF that you would get on a normal 2010 CR engine
Yea it's strange mine's a 2010 facelift sure same engine but defo CR with dpf I wish it wasn't lol I want the dpf out but mot speculation making me nervous

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
It's more the fact it's a 2010 model with a PD engine and no DPF that you would get on a normal 2010 CR engine

Point I was getting at though is - is it really a 2010 model? I've got a PDF of the 2010 model-year brochure and the PD140 BKD engine is definitely not an option, yet that's what your car has.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it's a pre-facelift car that's been converted at some point - possibly even by the original selling dealership prior to being offered for sale.

If you want to post your full VIN I can try to look into it in more detail, or perhaps contact SEAT UK tomorrow and ask them to confirm the production date and original sale circumstances for your car.

gateofoblivion

Jul 26, 2018
Point I was getting at though is - is it really a 2010 model? I've got a PDF of the 2010 model-year brochure and the PD140 BKD engine is definitely not an option, yet that's what your car has.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that it's a pre-facelift car that's been converted at some point - possibly even by the original selling dealership prior to being offered for sale.

If you want to post your full VIN I can try to look into it in more detail, or perhaps contact SEAT UK tomorrow and ask them to confirm the production date and original sale circumstances for your car.

Sure, but it was first registered in October 2010. That's quite far after they stopped doing the pre-facelift model, I'm not quite sure how this would happen. Where is the VIN number, is it on the door frame?

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Sure, but it was first registered in October 2010. That's quite far after they stopped doing the pre-facelift model, I'm not quite sure how this would happen. Where is the VIN number, is it on the door frame?

The VIN is engraved in the inner wing on the drivers side under the bonnet, on a sticker on the passenger side of the inner wing and in the bottom right corner of the windscreen. Might be in other places too.

You'll also find it on the V5C, the MOT certificate and in the service history book

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members