My 8 years with an Exeo ST

Exeo Rog

Dec 24, 2010
I bought my 2009 SE ST TDI 143 in 2010, when it had done 14,000 - it's now up to 61,500. Not high mileage but I just wanted to let potential Exeo buyers know how good the car has been.

It's never had any faults of any description. It's never seen the inside of a garage apart from MOT and tyres.

I've changed the oil and filter every year, regardless of mileage.

I've not bothered changing the cam belt, as they as supposed to be good for 115,000 miles and I think they are mileage dependent, rather than time dependent.

I haven't taken SEAT up on the offer of the EA189 emissions fix and the DPF light has never come on.

All the disc pads, battery and exhaust are original.

MPG is around 55 on a long run.

It's transported wood for my stove in the back and on a roof rack, also my son's dog (where the luggage net comes in handy).

I think the quality and reliability of the car stems from the fact that it is basically an old, well proven, Audi.

I'll keep it util 2020 and then pass it on to my son...

Jay1601

Feb 23, 2018
Meant to be changed at 75K or 5 years, I do mine every 60K, couple hour job no point risking it, rather spend £200 on belt/pump then do a top end rebuild.

Exeo Rog

Dec 24, 2010
Fair enough Jay, it's peace of mind if you do a lot of miles - at my rate that gives me two years to hit the magic 75k! I did take a look at it recently and the teeth seem to be in good nick

julianat57

Jun 19, 2010
Stafford
I bought my 2009 SE ST TDI 143 in 2010, when it had done 14,000 - it's now up to 61,500. Not high mileage but I just wanted to let potential Exeo buyers know how good the car has been.

It's never had any faults of any description. It's never seen the inside of a garage apart from MOT and tyres.

I've changed the oil and filter every year, regardless of mileage.

I've not bothered changing the cam belt, as they as supposed to be good for 115,000 miles and I think they are mileage dependent, rather than time dependent.

I haven't taken SEAT up on the offer of the EA189 emissions fix and the DPF light has never come on.

All the disc pads, battery and exhaust are original.

MPG is around 55 on a long run.

It's transported wood for my stove in the back and on a roof rack, also my son's dog (where the luggage net comes in handy).

I think the quality and reliability of the car stems from the fact that it is basically an old, well proven, Audi.

I'll keep it util 2020 and then pass it on to my son...

I have a similar story with my 2010 143 se ST, only mine was bought new (my one and only new car) as a long term ownership project. I have maintained my own bikes and cars for 45 years so I hung up my spanners with this one. Was main dealer serviced till 2016, but avoided from then as I didn't want the emission fix.

Now showing 38k miles, never missed a beat, rattle free and a pleasure to drive.

Had all pads and discs replaced, more down to corrosion, as being a dog owner, brake usage was light. Battery was replaced, car lives outside and just started to struggle to turn over a couple of winters ago. Exhaust original as are all the bulbs.

Very rarely notice a regen, every fill has been Shell basic diesel apart from 2 BP fill ups, and regularly see MPG in the 50's

Had early warning of the plenum chamber water ingression, had an Audi A4 b5 before, and have kept an eye out for any water build up.

For the money that you can get one of these cars for I think they are a quality buy and would thoroughly recommend one....Julian