Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

My ARB has snapped!

Discussion in 'Ibiza' started by Deejay, Feb 1, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Addo

Addo Guest

cheers dj i never seen this post earlier

i've got 25mm front & 28mm rear for my daily driver there fine on the ibiza, until this happens:

[​IMG]

Luckly jon from awesome is going to be sending a replace bracket down in before the end of the week. there american appearantly so its lucky they have stock in the form of kits.

2. Addo

Addo Guest

I spoke to another guy at awesome monday and then jon tuesday and he's informed me that i'll have it today! this compoment seems to be a bit on the skinny side considering its function:think:

I might make a beefed up version but then again the pair did cost me £500 circia in the first place so why should i.

Secondly these have been on my car for 5000 miles and i intend on some serious track abuse this year.

3. Addo

Addo Guest

thanks jon @ awesome

just got today's post

[​IMG]

thanks to jon @ awesome for your help.

4. chrisbond69

chrisbond69 chris bond

what are they

5. Addo

Addo Guest

look closely at both photos that i've posted up :whistle:

6. Deejay

Deejay no prawn sarnies ere

echo your comments entirely, all 3 of mine that have broke, have done so in exactly the same place as in your pic. im gonna get the welding set out on mine and strenthen them.

7. F2 Stu

F2 Stu I. Am. Legend.

I'd make new clevis brackets to the same design but thicker material.

8. Addo

Addo Guest

My Handlling is back : )

This afternoon i've changed the bracket over.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy days!!!

9. Deejay

not strengthened it at all???

10. Addo

Addo Guest

I've a spare one now to have as a tenplate. I've replace the broken bracket with a new neuspeed bracket as i need the car for my daily driver. Any stronger version can be tenplate from a spare.

11. Addo

Addo Guest

not again.

Its making similar noises again, im going to check at lunch time to be sure i'll cross my fingers:(

12. Deejay

wow!! came on to bump this post myself as mine is making "those noises again" also, this will be the 4th time a link has snapped on mine if thats the case!!!! going back to oe bar[:@]

13. Shock_Xe

Shock_Xe Guest

spoke to adam today and his has snapped :( not good advertising for neuspeed

14. Addo

Addo Guest

i had to cancel 18 holes this morning :(

After investigating i can confirm that the driver side arb bracket has snapped [:@]

so i spent this afternoon stripping old one off and replacing with the new bracket they supplied me from last time. lucky i had a spare:blink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

im was hoping as its a different side that maybe they have strenghted it but from what you've been saying dee jay after your 4th bracket that isn't the case.

i rated the arb i really do but the bracket is complete :censored:

15. Chris Eyre

Chris Eyre The Voice of Reason

A similar bracket design is used on a Mk1 Golf Neuspeed front ARB - but mounted at the same height off the wishbone as standard, so the wishbone and ARB arcs are assumed to be the same.

Anyone running one one should definitely check the bracket to see if its distorting.

16. Addo

Addo Guest

An update!

Just spoke to Jon @ Awesome and directed him to this thread, by doing this he can now view where the failure is taking place. He's advised me that he's going to forward this information to Neuspeed and discuss strengthing the bracket!

Secondly there isn't any spare brackets in stock for 2-3 weeks, so i hope this holds out till then.

I'll keep this thread updated as and when more info arrives.

17. awesomeade

awesomeade Moderator

Just a quickie to mention that i'm talking to Neuspeed about these and will let you know what they say...

18. Addo

Addo Guest

Good to here, meanwhile when can you send the spare brackets out as its been two weeks and i dont want any problems as trackdays are fast aproaching.;)

19. awesomeade

awesomeade Moderator

Addo - best call our sales guys to see if we have the brackets in...

Here's a reply i just received from Neuspeed:

"We have had no problem with the post breaking when installed properly.

The only time they break is if the customer installs the end links and tightens everything up with suspension at full droop. (When on a lift)

Because once the car is on the ground the sway bar ball joints are misaligned and put too much force on the bracket. The ball joints must be adjusted to the right length with the car on the ground.

Must customers do not read the instructions. This sway bar has been out for so long and we have had no problems"

20. Deejay

just to bump this post cos my droplinks have snapped again (been like this for a while now but been to busy to post).

will be in touch regards replacement, and for the record im replacing the parts from a mechanics pit not up in the air.........