My Arosa hates starting

wabbit1

Hiya.

I currently own a 1998 Arosa 1.0 which is a great car and has never offered any problems until now.

Only over the past few days I have been having problems when starting it from cold. It tries to catch then cuts out. I have to try the ignition about 4 - 5 times :( When it does eventually catch it runs very very rough and stalls if I give it any gas at all :cry: After these attempts it usually starts and if I creep the revs up to about 1800 then open the throttle fully it seems to clear out and run fine.

When driving along the road it runs fine with no problems at all which indicates to me that the plugs and leads are fine.

Can anyone help me by giving me possible causes/cures :clap:

Thanks

wabbit1:D

Last edited by a moderator:

ArosaBoy 89

Alrite

When my Arosa would'nt start it needed a new ignition coil, might be that

wabbit1

Thanks for that :)

I took the car to a garage yesterday who said that the problem was the spark plugs and worn distributor cap and rotor arm. They changed all of this (For a silly price) and I thought the problem was fixed :happy:

However [:@] when I tried starting the car this morning the same problems were there.

When it does manage to start and the engine is running I have no issues at all. Would this be ok is the ignition coil needs replaced? Did your Arosa run fine after you managed to start it?

Thanks again for your help.

ArosaBoy 89

Well mine lost its power, and would occasionally cough when I was driving it so I took it back to the dealer and they put on a diagnostics machine, evrything was perfect when the engine was on but it still wouldn't start so they replaced the ignition coil and it starts first time. So that sounds like the problem but to be honest m8 I don't know much about engines! :thumbd:

wabbit1

That's great information - thanks.

I've filled the tank and put in some STP injector cleaner to try and rule that out. I'm also considering changing the actual fuel filter as well if the cleaner doesn't work :confused:

Coil may be the next option then, thanks again for your help! :happy:

wabbit1

wabbit1

Cold start sensor is what was wrong.

Had this replaced by a local garage for £50 and the car starts now every morning - happy days :D

Next thing is to get some 2003 Tail lights for the back end of my Arosa to sharpen it up a bit.

PS Does anyone know how to wire the newer style bulb holders to the older style car?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise