My Black Magic Mk1 LEON Cupra TDI index in 1st post

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
joshy my cars done 98 or 99 k now , when i first bought it at 50k it was slipping when i gave it a belting on the way home from the purchase but nearly 50k later its still there , slippage comes and goes

just dont plant it below 2k rpm as said marks is more aggressiveness acceleration wise

been saying it needs a drop 4 ages now , :)

TiagoFR

Thanks - your need to get a readers ride thread about yours - interested in your turbo mods

:)

i erase all my threats from all online foruns but i can tell you anything you want :D

just ask [B)]

turbo upgrade with a couple of more stuff and soon you get 280BHP+ :funk:

TiagoFR

Can I ask why you erase everything?

because i will ask in private message, have some trouble in portugal because almost lost my car, in this days carefull is my choice ;)

but as i told i can talk to you about any thing you want.

turbo upgrade are easy to do and the car gain another life with a proper chip tuning and some other parts you may get more than 280bhp :rofl:

TiagoFR

ive heard rumours of cam trouble with these engines after 250bhp+?

the problem its not the CAM but the touche set that are under the cam, they are hidralic and sometimes 1 ou 2 die and kill the cam. its easy to see if the touche set are good or not just have to listen the engine, normally they make a distinct sound like something its hiting something.

my car rools with 262BHP with stock cam , 195K and 0 problems, i just bought a Dbilas Camshaft and will install it with a new set of touches. its better to change before they die ;)

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
the problem its not the CAM but the touche set that are under the cam, they are hidralic and sometimes 1 ou 2 die and kill the cam. its easy to see if the touche set are good or not just have to listen the engine, normally they make a distinct sound like something its hiting something.

my car rools with 262BHP with stock cam , 195K and 0 problems, i just bought a Dbilas Camshaft and will install it with a new set of touches. its better to change before they die ;)

do you mean tappets , or the cam lobes ??
Thanks still running on two polished two not at the moment though

just plain lazy

welcome to my world :whistle:

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net

Do you mean like a clicking noise that increases with revs? Mine does this. I thought it may be my egr as someone said, but I've cleaned as much as I can without removing and no luck :( hope mine is ok!

juneau

Dec 29, 2010
Midlands
Hey mark, just read your thread start to finish and it's been a good read. Just bought myself a black fr so looking for all the inspiration and knowledge I can find. Can I ask what Bluetooth diagnostics tool and app you are using please? Had a look on eBay and there's about 6 different types. Thanks and keep up the good work

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
Firstly sorry for the delay in response missed your post:

Thanks - Glad you enjoyed

Bluetooth dongle is
Image1818.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise