My boot will not open at all!

bentonboy

Today I went to open up the boot on my Seat Ibiza 1.4 S 2004 5 door. I found it would not open at all, as if it was locked. I have pressed the unlock button on the central locking both on the key and from the button within the car several times but it refuses to open. I have also tried the manual key but this will not unlock it either. Any ideas please such as VAG com? I dont want to spend a fortune at the Seat dealer to be milked out of £50 for 5 mins work! Thanks

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
sounds like the motor on the boot lock has failed (happened on my 1.2). it was £15 for the new motor and i fitted it myself. to fit is pop the plastic boot trim off and then you can unbolt the the lock and motor. if you need to open the boot then fold the back eats down and pop off on of the light inspection covers then you can reach in and pop then boot, if that makes sence

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Today I went to open up the boot on my Seat Ibiza 1.4 S 2004 5 door. I found it would not open at all, as if it was locked. I have pressed the unlock button on the central locking both on the key and from the button within the car several times but it refuses to open. I have also tried the manual key but this will not unlock it either. Any ideas please such as VAG com? I dont want to spend a fortune at the Seat dealer to be milked out of £50 for 5 mins work! Thanks

I had the same happen on my 2003 TDi sport.

The motor was ok but the linkage to the motor had seized up.

Its a bitch to get in to the tailgate with it shut - try lots of wd40 down the keyhole to see if it frees it off enough to open it - then strip it and clean all the links - grease them with some waterproof grease and re-assemble.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.