My Candy White Leon FR Tdi Progress Thread * Map tweak 25/09/10*

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Right, back again for an update since it's been a while...

Finished off the new metro plates with a nice set of surrounds courtesy of surroundsni.

52848b18-e0c0-7bd9.jpg

52848bcd-e11e-3d07.jpg

Next was a replacement panel filter, opted for a pipercross dry filter. Only real difference I noticed was I could hear the turbo whistle more...

52848bcd-e276-3e3d.jpg

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
I quickly turned my attention back to the dreaded LED's but this time it was for the interior so no problems thankfully

Before
52848bcd-e3eb-35b7.jpg

After
52848bcd-e462-0767.jpg

Before
52848bcd-e526-757c.jpg

After
52848bcd-e563-6ae9.jpg

While I was at it I thought it only right to complete the conversion

Number plate LED's
52848b18-e632-5c0b.jpg

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Thanks mate, I've got a few interesting things in the pipeline over the next lot of weeks so keep checking back.

Anyway moving on with the update.

Not content with the interior I ordered some 3M carbon fibre vinyl from underground graphics and got to work... Little did I know it was a complete nightmare of a job I had on my hands. The objective was to cover the 4 door handles and 4 speaker surrounds. Since the weather was rather cold I think this had a big effect on the vinyl and the speaker surrounds are far from perfect but here is the outcome

5284f81c-f9b5-d666.jpg

5284f819-fa3c-7ba0.jpg

52848b10-fad6-bcee.jpg

5284f819-fbb0-238e.jpg

5284f81c-fc59-164f.jpg

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Aup fella fancy sending me the links to the LED's you bought for the interior + Number plate i need to do this!

did you do the rear interior and boot aswell?

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
No bother Andrew, il dig out the info and let you know.

Yes, full conversion including the rear and the boot, just never bothered with pictures.

It wasn't exactly cheap considering it's just wee tiny lights but sure, we've spent far more, what's another pound or two?! Haha

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Cheers for that they havent got half of them bulbs in now and cheapest i can find on ebay is about £50 for that lot :cry:

Chris mk2

Mar 27, 2008
Leeds
looks good.

The Carbon wrap will struggle to stick to the plastic of the speaker surrounds which is probably why they are peeling around the outside. You will be best off buying an interior trim kit and wrapping that.

farmerkneecaps

Awesome car its all the wee small things that make the difference like the sill guards! I have a 09 facelift candy white Fr aswel with the btcc bodykit and black alloys! Love what you have done with yours! Can I ask what coilovers you used I have been thinking of dropping mine for a long time but there are that many on the market I have no idea where to start!

P.s that mini is class I'm saving up for one myself hard to find a good one over here but yours looks mint!

All the best with your further mods and cheers in advance!

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
cheers for the comments guys!

@ farmerkneecaps - coilovers are vmaxx but if I were to do it again I would probably save the bit extra and go for a set with rebound dampening as well as height adjustment. They are are a quality product if you are on a tight budget though. Tidy wagon you have there, black alloys look tidy!

P.S. I notice you're from N.I. check out the N.I. section of the forum if you fancy joining us all for the next meet!

Weegie75

white fr

Hey mate, your car looks the berries. I'm picking my white Leon FR DSG on thursday. Cant wait and your car has given me lots of ideas. Keep up the good work.

Dave

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
@ Weegie75, look forward to seeing your progress once you have the new motor!

@ Maverick08, thanks! OEM is definitely the way forward no need to change something drastically if it looks good out of the dealership, just needed a few subtle enhancements here and there :)

Gazza_24

Sep 4, 2009
Very nice looking car you have there,

Just a quickie, did you buy your rear lights like that or did you tint them yourself, they look spot on :thumbup:

Last edited:

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Very nice looking car you have there,

Just a quickie, did you buy your rear lights like that or did you tint them yourself, they look spot on :thumbup:

Thank you :D

I did the rear lights myself with a tin of tint spray but i would strongly advise against it tbh.

The finish is very "matt" and i put it on slightly too thick so my reverse light is pretty much useless now.

I plan on removing the tint (nightmare), going to take a DA polisher and cutting compound to try and budge it... Once I've hopefully managed that I have some fly-eye tinting film sitting waiting to go on which is a far better job.

Will update with pictures when I get round to doing it.

:)

Darth Revan

Been reading the progress....very nice looking car you have there - I'll be doing a few of these mods myself.
Question....coil overs and ride? Whats it like now. I've had lowered cars in my 'youth' and didn't mint that rock hard crashy ride in my Nova GSi lol, but being older now, i like a bit of comfort. So how does it compare to the standard FR?

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Been reading the progress....very nice looking car you have there - I'll be doing a few of these mods myself.
Question....coil overs and ride? Whats it like now. I've had lowered cars in my 'youth' and didn't mint that rock hard crashy ride in my Nova GSi lol, but being older now, i like a bit of comfort. So how does it compare to the standard FR?

I can't fully answer as I have no real idea of how my car would ride now with ~40k miles on it had I kept the original suspension...

The original suspension from new, I felt was rather harsh. When the coilovers were first fitted, I honestly thought the ride comfort was improved over standard, although maybe I just had that idea in my head...

However, the coilovers are still a firm ride, my Dad complains and points out the odd bump that he never notices in his own car (Vauxhall Insignia) but is notiable while in the passenger seat of the Leon.

Basically, if the original suspension was still in the car, I would think it would be less harsh that the current ride with the coilovers in. Hope that long winded reply helps in some way :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.