glos.uk
83mm bores yea?
mines @ JBS now for some work.

considering cams for mine you see amongst other things

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
not entirely sure Eddy, but from what others have achieved 15-20bhp and a shift in power delivery (up top)
enquiring on specs currently..

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
I look forward to hearing your findings, don't think it's something I'll go at the moment but it's nice to have the option there to do it later.

Speaking to Kev @ JBS the valve cut outs are a recent addition by JE but will now be standard on these pistons.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
trial fitment & a block of wood & a big hammer?

I guess if you've removed the fans & stuff behind the firewall it won't matter if you can adjust the metal?

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
m0rk said:
trial fitment & a block of wood & a big hammer?

I guess if you've removed the fans & stuff behind the firewall it won't matter if you can adjust the metal?

Sounds like a strange way to find out how the valves and pistons will interact with each other. :headhurt:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
for some reason I had it in my head he meant turbo fitment & clearance.

my DIY mechanics for valve fitment have a different style lol

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
Nearly there now!

The engine has now been rebuilt and is back in along with the gearbox and new clutch. Downpipe and turbo pipework needs finishing off, wiring connecting back up and the ECU flashing with a suitable map to allow me to run the car in.

t18con

Mar 21, 2002
n.i.
Visit site
yeah mine have same cutouts and 8.5 cr, although mine didnt have the honing to allow the pins to fit into the pistons, so all on hold for time being.

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
Just had a call this morning to confirm what colour hoses I would like, I was torn being standard looking black or blue to match the existing IC pipework. I decided to go with Blue. It all sounds to be progressing nicely, they will also be fitting my diesel geek short shift assuming I can get it from Parcel Force in time.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
rock & roll Edd.... going to be fun.
run it in quick and dont be a nancy when doing so...

brum brum.. :)

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
I'll be doing as many miles as possible to get it run in, would be great if I could run on the strip at inters. I'll follow Kev's instructions for running in, whatever they might be.

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
My friend was told to rag it from day one to bed rings i believe,could be wrong?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I was trying to find a link to a website which advocates this essentially.
bed in is in reality very rapid on modern engines' n materials.

a few low load low rpm runs, and cool off period, then med load med rpm runs with cool down between, then high load med rpms, again cool down between then med load high rpm, cool down then high load high rpm, jobs done.

the site I read had evidence to show this short style break in period gave better power also.

will see if I can find the link.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise