My car is at JBS for a GT3071R fitting.

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
Reading that link it seems to based on bike engines which in my experience are quite a bit different and I did used to run them in a similar way to what has been suggested.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
same as I run then....
works fine on mine since installed. (and abused)
does'nt need running in btw.... unless your puks are not like my stage 3+ ones.

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
Any day now! There's been a slight hold up sorting the boost hoses and also a larger turbo than the one shown in the previous photo's has now been installed which required a couple of further tweaks to fit.

The ceramic coating of the manifold has been scrapped due to problems on the test manifold so instead my new manifold has been ported and polished.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
EddyH said:
Any day now! There's been a slight hold up sorting the boost hoses and also a larger turbo than the one shown in the previous photo's has now been installed which required a couple of further tweaks to fit.

The ceramic coating of the manifold has been scrapped due to problems on the test manifold so instead my new manifold has been ported and polished.

larger.... :) wonder if mine prompted something bigger

you excited?
can't wait for mine running again. well keen to see how the new turbo works.

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
he's not telling but by the above it's very big,ihi/mitsu? Got to be rx6,t67 or td06 25g.
Or perhaps the RCM ihi/garrett hybrid.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
EddyH said:
What turbo is it you've gone for now?

Big_ger

Exhaust turbine is a lot bigger than the ickle PE/VF34 I have been running. Cant see much back pressure coming from this baby.

All unknown at the mo as to how it will or wont work. :shrug:
I may yet :cry: about it or maybe :funk: about it

I cant let Keith Murrays A4 quattro romp away from me down the straights now can I (which he does currently)-thats the plan anyhows.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
EddyH said:
I'm very excited, I really cannot wait to get it back.
Running in going to be a bummer tho eh!

how frustrating is that going to be.
its going to haul arse me thinks and scare a load of unsuspecting fast cars on the highways. 4wd too.... oh I wish...

caney

Apr 24, 2005
ibizacupra said:
I cant let Keith Murrays A4 quattro romp away from me down the straights now can I (which he does currently)-thats the plan anyhows.
what power is he running bill? must be bloody quick to pull away from yours? is it still a 1.8t[B)]

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
ibizacupra said:
Running in going to be a bummer tho eh!

how frustrating is that going to be.
its going to haul arse me thinks and scare a load of unsuspecting fast cars on the highways. 4wd too.... oh I wish...

It will be very frustrating I'm sure but I'll do my best to cover the required miles asap.

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
caney said:
it's all gone quiet eddy:confused: any updates?

Sorry, been busy. Picked the car up Thursday, ran it in by Friday night and had the oil changed Saturday afternoon. Only running 0.7bar at the moment and have only made the journey home since being allowed to use all the revs. The work has been done to an excellent standard and under the bonnet looks very OEM apart from the blue boost hoses as the engine cover still fits and I've gone with an OEM airbox. I'll try to post some pics soon.

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
I'll get round to do a proper post at some point but for now; The boost has been upped to 1.3bar last Saturday and it's now much quicker. The haldex 4wd is doing a very good job of putting the power down although I've not done a full on standing start launch yet as I'm working up progressively to see how the drivetrain handles it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.