My car is minging!

V5Ade

I love my LCR!
Aug 26, 2004
Guildford
The mrs has been away all week, so I have been looking after my 3 year old son (taking him to and from nursery).

He has managed to get wet mud on the passenger seat and centre consol, jam on the dash and ginger bread crumbs everwhere!

I don't know how to start cleaning, any advice?

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
quattroman said:
Give the boy a sponge and put some 'Thomas theTank' music on in the car and Im sure he will have it sorted in a while!!!!

Or get him one of those furry suits, spray him in water and leave him in the car for half an hour. Following this, selotape some velcro around him and keep him in the car for another 30 mins and thats your gingerbread crumbs sorted too. ;)

quattroman

Sep 26, 2003
Devon
Visit site
mark@carsparkle said:
Or get him one of those furry suits, spray him in water and leave him in the car for half an hour. Following this, selotape some velcro around him and keep him in the car for another 30 mins and thats your gingerbread crumbs sorted too. ;)
Children Eh !!
Ive got three girls and if I did that it would end up with the same effect as a washing machine / tumble dryer only a bit more messy... why not throw in a couple of pillows ..just for fun can see it now...soap suds ...feathers and girls all going round and round ..over the seats ..in the front ...in the back ....Nah!!!

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
quattroman said:
Give the boy a sponge and put some 'Thomas theTank' music on in the car and Im sure he will have it sorted in a while!!!!

You need to sellotape (it's more humane than stapling) the sponge to him, though, otherwise there's the inevitable sponge-drop on the floor leading to paint exfoliation and a visit to Hellfrauds for T-Cut.

V5Ade

I love my LCR!
Aug 26, 2004
Guildford
Well, at least you all made me laugh about it!
The mrs has offered to help me clean it tomorrow, no shortcuts, just elbow grease

WX51 TXR

16v Mentalist
Vac the crumbs (and the carpets), let the mud on the seat dry then vac hard with a scrubbing attachment, wipe off mud from dash with damp rag, same for jam (plus elbow grease), then dress all the interior surfaces (apart from fabrics) with a nice finishing product like poorboys natural look dressing. Job done, heaven back to normal. :)

cupra fan

Nov 30, 2001
norfolk
Visit site
My misses fed the little gits a bag of 1001 sweets each! been hoovering coloured ball bearing things for months out of the carpets :wtf:
dog guard, is the way forward,! even if i don't own a dog :whistle:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members