My cordoba 2.0 16v is running flat in low gears please any advice!?

PEDREK

Hi I'm new to SCN and have very recentley upgraded my little ibiza to the cordoba sx.
I'm not really sure if there is a problem or not but i expected a little more pull in lower gears which there is not! its done 80 000 and everything else is spot on, I just feel its missing something from 1st to 3rd gear.

Has any one got any suggestions or is this a common problem? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Also any advice in general about do's and dont's are also happily recieved.

Thanks for ure time!!

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
Hi I'm new to SCN and have very recentley upgraded my little ibiza to the cordoba sx.
I'm not really sure if there is a problem or not but i expected a little more pull in lower gears which there is not! its done 80 000 and everything else is spot on, I just feel its missing something from 1st to 3rd gear.

Has any one got any suggestions or is this a common problem? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for ure time!!

i think i have a similar problem in my lower gears...does it kind of feel like flatspots in your acceleration? my 1st n 2nd dont feel like they pulling they should then soon as it goes into 3rd and 4th it really starts to shift.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
What model was the ibiza ? be handy to know

and what you revving it too and what speeds ya getting ?

must admit they don't feel anything special under 3.5/4k rpm and strangely i swear it accelerates better on half throttle than full throttle but might be mine broke again :)

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
fl@pper, i reckon looking at sigs...1.6's ?
never gonna set the world on fire are they? maybe expecting too much?

same feeling i get everytime i drive mine, start mumbling about shoulda 20vt it , time to bin it , need to grow up get the 328/740 or c230k i always wanted then one moment just a split second it sort of just 'does it' a 'something' i can't explain and you seem to just let it off for the day

worse than keeping my mrs happy at times though i swear

PEDREK

u can only put the pedal down so far...... why not reply like a man instead of trying to be a funny boy

PEDREK

Yo baxter

yeah definate flat spots gonna get a service and then see what its like, i know the engines are all top end but this is ridiculous

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
yeah definate flat spots gonna get a service and then see what its like, i know the engines are all top end but this is ridiculous

service first , then ask Q's if it's still s**t, its all basic mechanics not model specific in a lot of cases

Thanks for ure time!!

sometimes you won't get the answers you want to hear, try not upset anyone too much after 6 posts :)

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
Yo baxter

yeah mate let me know how it goes, ive changed everything in mine tho so im kinda confused why its doing this still. mines been cammed tho too but ive heard funny stories about cams acting against lamba sensors and making the car itself run s**t.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
mines been cammed tho too but ive heard funny stories about cams acting against lamba sensors and making the car itself run s**t.

was the cam correct and if so is the timing right and spot on

heard past problems on both angles to be honest

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
was the cam correct and if so is the timing right and spot on

heard past problems on both angles to be honest

well they came already fitted to the car, same cams off the golf 1.6 aft. suppose i could get the garage to check it out like

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
lmao sorry was going by the thread title, thought yours was a 2.0 16v the same

doh!!

PEDREK

yeah mate let me know how it goes, ive changed everything in mine tho so im kinda confused why its doing this still. mines been cammed tho too but ive heard funny stories about cams acting against lamba sensors and making the car itself run s**t.

I 've heard that too which is stopping me from getting a fast road cam . Had service, new cam belt coz had not been changed for over 8ok!:-o and new brembo brakes is now running better but i reckon there's more power to be had bottom end.

Baxter

Seat cordoba 1.6 SX 8V
Sep 14, 2008
Hartlepool
I 've heard that too which is stopping me from getting a fast road cam . Had service, new cam belt coz had not been changed for over 8ok!:-o and new brembo brakes is now running better but i reckon there's more power to be had bottom end.

ive heard off a jap car friend that the best way to get power from cams is a remap> not sure if it any use like, i was getting mine remapped anyway so il let you know if theres a improvement with the cams too.

Thanks for ure time!!

If you want bottom end pickup buy an 8v, if you like revving the nuts off a car the 16v valve is your beast friend, just take note of what happens a 4k revs (especially in third :D)

beware though, if your willing to take it almost to the limiter this car will very quickly get you into naughty figures, i had a clean licence until i bought one of these.... (which is nothing to be proud about)

Bow

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
If you want bottom end pickup buy an 8v, if you like revving the nuts off a car the 16v valve is your beast friend

16v has just as much grunt as an 8v low down and an 8v will stay pretty close to a 16v until it stretches its legs out in 3rd/4th so in reality unless you wanna go 100+ everywhere there isn't much in it on the road

PEDREK

If you want bottom end pickup buy an 8v, if you like revving the nuts off a car the 16v valve is your beast friend, just take note of what happens a 4k revs (especially in third :D)

beware though, if your willing to take it almost to the limiter this car will very quickly get you into naughty figures, i had a clean licence until i bought one of these.... (which is nothing to be proud about)

Bow

LOL yeah i'm learning that ! massive change in third after 4k , and yes been very close to the boys in blue pulling me over all i gotta say is u gotta love those back lanes...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.