My cordoba won't start

tannic

Hi!

A few days ago, my Cordoba Vario 1.4 2001 suddently stopped, after driving a few hundred meters.
Now, when i try to start it, the immobilizer lamp lights up.
The clock is also "reset" (back to 0.01).

Does any of you got an idea of what could be wrong ?
Does any of you got an electrical wiring diagram for that model ?

Regards

René

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Allo allo. Did you try a second key in case it's the transponder in the key. What way do the petrol immobilisers work? Some of the diesels have a solenoid in the fuel pump with the immobiliser opens and closes depending on what operational function is desired.

tannic

Hi
I have tried with both keys, and with the same result.
I don't know how the immobilizer exactly works.it is a gasoline engine.
Hopefully i will have some time this weekend to see what is wrong.
If anyone else have an idea, please let me know!

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
The Haynes manual doesn't give any wiring diagrams concerning the immobiliser unit.

It gives a description of its operation. The immobiliser unit is a separate unit that receives a signal from the sensory detector in the ignition barrel that receives the keycode from the transponder in the key. If the immobiliser unit get the correct code it then sends the signal to the ECU that enables it to start the car.

The problem could then be the ignition barrel, the immobiliser unit or the wiring to and from the barrel to the immobiliser unit and the immobiliser unit to the ECU.

I couldn't tell you were they are or what they look like, sorry. The Haynes manual says that seat have euipmnet that is able to quickly and easily detect the fault.

I imagine that the signal wire from the ecu is a positive 12 volts and that if you could rewire the ignition barrel to deliver this then you would be sorted but again this part would be a guess as I have never disabled one before. The one thing I do know is that you won't find any wiring diagrams for it online as I tried for my uncles Citroen dispatch 2.2 hdi van. Hope you get her sorted.

tannic

Think i got it sorted out. Looks like the battery got a break-down.
Strange that it happend after the car was started.
But i got it jump-started with my other car and the help from a friend. But then the "gas-pedal" didnt work, but i got it home inthe first gear, and let it run for 5 min. Turned her off and on again, and then everything works fine. Just drove a trip or 15min.
Now i just want to know why the rear window wiper doesn't work,and the fog light indicator in the dashboard allways are on, But that is another story ;)

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Is yours a vario or hatch? The wiper motor failure and the fog light on in the instrument binicle will be down to a poor earth/wire connection in the wiring trunk coming through the chassis in to the boot lid.

tannic

It is a Vario. Yes i have thought of it too. I will try to find the fault tomorrow.
Thx for the help so far!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members