my cracked sump :-(

spart74

hi everyone! i was going over a speed hump the other day and heard this scraping noise!? i got home didnt think anything of it?? in the morning oil all over the street! diagnosis, need a new sump! also ive been told the guards are missing too! HOW MUCH DO THESE THINGS COST??

thanks for any advice in advance
cheers

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
Don't know about cost of the sump. Guards aren't too much (the middle one is referred to as the undertray). Undertray is about £22 - the two side sump guards should be less. My undertray was replaced the other day as a section was ripped out of it (I believe from before I bought it as I've had no impacts like that). Check the parts sections on here for 10% discount.

Good reason why living in London with speedhumps on all my local side streets I will never get my Toledo lowered!

Edit: Just dug out the undertray/sump guard costings: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82684&highlight=undertray

Last edited:

spart74

thanks
i rang my local seat dealer up and asked how much one of these sumps would cost!! they just laughed and said :u dont wanna know! so now im guna have to put it through some stage of repair if possible and have an undertray made of chequerplate custom made cos this cant happen again!! lol

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
I can't be certain, but I thought I read somewhere on here that a modified sump was available that doesn't sit quite so low? Maybe do a search as if you have to bite the bullet anyway it may be worth investigating if there is little price difference between the two. Maybe someone else can advise?

I bet you won't need a custom sump guard/undertray now any way as you'll be taking those humps soooooooo slooooooow that you could strap a cat underneath and it wouldn't get injured!

spart74

I bet you won't need a custom sump guard/undertray now any way as you'll be taking those humps soooooooo slooooooow that you could strap a cat underneath and it wouldn't get injured![/QUOTE]

i been top garage today and they have done an aluminium weld ,and filled it with metal compound which should be dry by tommorow, now time will tell lol
i think im just guna get some standard undertrays now and take humps as if i was driving a fiesta lowered 90mm lol hehe

Francy110tdi

May 21, 2006
Sump price

Depending if you have an oil sensor in your sump it will cost you £65 to £80 for a sump plus £15 for a tube of sealant which is high temperature resistant.

Living in Northern Ireland we bust sumps regularly as our roads have shite surfaces and are full of potholes.

I don't know anyone over here that owns a Leon, Toledo, Bora, golf or octavia that hasn't had to repalce a sump. I know of one TDi Bora thats on its sixth sump!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.