My Cupra R kitted Leon - Few more pics 24/5/11

Turf Burner 09

Jun 8, 2009
Carrickmore , NI
Hello all, im Conor, Im 17 from Omagh. Northern Ireland.
Bought a wee 2005 tdi 90 leon in april, it was standard apart from 18" rs6s and it looked like it was on stilts, yes i know. Just going to make a project of it as ive only had my licence since last december and have to have something which is insurance friendly...
So here she is!!

:p
Photo-0044.jpg

A bit more onto the project, 60mm apex springs, black vinyl roof, debaged etc
new.jpg

kik.jpg

Modifications as of 2011:-

Full Genuine Cupra R kit (incl all grilles + fittings and foglamps)
18" Azev A's with 215/35 tyres up front and 225/40s on the back
Jom Coilovers wound right the way down with adjusters out of the back
Gloss Black vinyl Roof, door pillars, mirrors, badges and splitter
Wind deflectors
Full Straight through exhaust system with BMW X5 custom tip
Jvc direct USB head unit and Edge audio 1800w sub

Comments good + bad welcome...

Last edited:

Turf Burner 09

Jun 8, 2009
Carrickmore , NI
Bouncy, very bouncy..
:lol:

Thats the main reason im going for coilies, just waiting until i get my birthday over me (18th) then ill be able to save some money for it.. it aint easy :blink:

Cupraredtdi

i picked up some racelend coillies foe 151 quid on ebay they are preety good on the ride side and can slaaaammmm your car!

Turf Burner 09

Jun 8, 2009
Carrickmore , NI
leon

i picked up some racelend coillies foe 151 quid on ebay they are preety good on the ride side and can slaaaammmm your car!

Not bad! I mite take a look now, see if i can get a bargain :cartman:

Great choice as a first car :) I had a mk4 Golf TDI (was red and 90hp too!) and that was pretty good when remapped.

Yea insurance aint too bad, just find the car a bit slow sometimes. When over taking etc its a bit dangerous when you run out of puff :blink:
I need a remap!! :bleh:

very nice mate.... good drop too .....whats the next mods?

Yea the lowering springs have really bedded in so im happy with the drop, i would just love coilles for fine tuning lol
Um well in thinkin of spraying the rs6s antracite maybe, upgrading the headlights.
Cupra kit at some stage, or a the other cupra one and do a bit of custom work on it :think:
Thanks for the comment!!

Turf Burner 09

Jun 8, 2009
Carrickmore , NI
Found a few pics that i forgot about, some old, some new....

P7080790.jpg

P7080791.jpg

P8081494.jpg

recent.jpg

P6190756.jpg

P.s Cupra kit is on order, should be here soon!
Cars going into bodyshop to get it fitted, get the side rubb strips colour coded and any small, chips or scrapes removed :)
Ill get more pics up when shes out! ;)

Turf Burner 09

Jun 8, 2009
Carrickmore , NI
Update, Car didnt make it to bodyshop yet, had to fork out for my work vans mot, new windscreen and new tyres so it has to go on hold for a few weeks. Just trying to think what mods i can do in the mean time, nothing major or crazy expensive as in just about broke :(

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
Nice work mate.

I have the same but in Imperial Blue. Nothing done yet, just debadged.

There's not as much poke in the 90bhp version, but I went from a 1.2 fiat punto just last week so has a little more :p

Remap on the way, same with alloys and lowered (still not sure whether coilies or springs, and won't be too much maybe 30mm there's alot of speedbumps around here!), splitter and rear tints.

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
I know :(

Also if I intend on getting a splitter I don't want to lose it underneath the car after I meet the first one. How much have your mods affected your insurance mate? Or would the reply to that be "no comment" :p

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
Very nice mate.

With regards to the insurance thing I'm not sure what way to play it yet.. there has been an awful lot of checkpoints around Newry the past few weeks and I've been asked twice now if my car is modified (it's completely standard apart from no badges).

Turf Burner 09

Jun 8, 2009
Carrickmore , NI
You want to see where i live, Carrickmore outside of Omagh - psnis r32 golf and r36 passat patroling every day.... Just take it easy on the roads and try to stay legal. Dont give them an excuse to get you, i have the points to prove it lad!