My Day so far....

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
On my way to Edinburgh Airport this morning and being tired as it was 3:00am I ignored my Sat Nav and missed my turnoff so had to do a 10 mile detour.

Part of thus too me on the M90 where I came across variable speed cameras showing 50mph which I slowed down for. As I was busy trying to see where I was and I went through some cameras stating that the speed limit was 30mph... on a motorway that was empty and lit up with street lights like a f@@@kin Xmas tree. Needless to say I was still travelling at 50mph and received a customary flash which upset me greatly.

Within 100yrds the speed limit increased to 40mph and a further 1/2 mile on there was some workmen tucked on a slip road which I eventually took.

The thing that has me irked is I was flashed doing 50mph in a 30mph zone on a 70mph Motorway when there was no congestion, no accident but workmen over 1/2 mile away after the road speed had increased back to 40mph...from 30mph on a F&@@@kin Motorway. Arrghhhhh. I always thought if I ever got flashed it would be pulling a Ton+ at least.

Anyways Rant over. Now I’m in Majorca and some of you would love the variety of Seats seen here. Mainly MK2 Leon’s with 1 Mk1 Leon and a smattering of MK3’s and lots of Ibiza’s. Not a single Cupra seen so far......

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Seems like you had a mildly rubbish morning, I agree with regards to the no workforce in road thing but it's must be a nightmare to administer one would assume...

At least you made it, them MK2's are good looking car I think haha

Have a good one

Deleted member 103408

But you have not told us what exotic spanish motor you are driving or are you just enjoying the sun shine and booze.

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
...M90 where I came across variable speed cameras showing 50mph which I slowed down for. As I was busy trying to see where I was and I went through some cameras stating that the speed limit was 30mph... on a motorway that was empty and lit up with street lights like a f@@@kin Xmas tree. Needless to say I was still travelling at 50mph and received a customary flash which upset me greatly.

Just received an email from Police Scotland and it appears that the Variable Speed Cameras on the M90 are undergoing testing and I will not be getting prosecuted. Result...

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just received an email from Police Scotland and it appears that the Variable Speed Cameras on the M90 are undergoing testing and I will not be getting prosecuted. Result...
Beer... Lots of beer

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Oh yes. Celebration time... After all who would want to be done for going over 30mph in a Cupra
You're one seriously lucky guy lol did you help loads of old people over the street or something on holiday? I think with this you will definitely be on a karma deficit lol

Yeah little annoying being flashed in a 30 lol well congrats and enjoy if you're still on holiday (going by the flag you are)

Maypack

Apr 20, 2014
You're one seriously lucky guy lol did you help loads of old people over the street or something on holiday? I think with this you will definitely be on a karma deficit lol

I did tell my wife to inform the guy she saw dropping a Ten Pound Note on the plane, rather than picking it up.

Yeah little annoying being flashed in a 30 lol well congrats and enjoy if you're still on holiday (going by the flag you are)

Yeah but this30 was on aMotorway!! Home next Tues. Can’t wait. Need to drive my car again