My dirty Rear end

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
been discussed a couple of times before and i think the concensus is that they don't really help the back end being dirty just the rear quarter is protected a bit, it's more down to the aerodynamics of the car rather than the wheels kicking up the dirt. plus some people say they are ugly, but it's personal opinion i suppose

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
nope

maybe a little

on a seat forum (can't remember if it was this one or not) there was a scientific investigation into dirty rear ends of cars with some interesting dotty pictures

anyone remember......think it may have been scc

gazjones

i wouldnt bother tbh its still gonna get really filthy like mine is havent cleaned it this year yet!

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
aye a think a will, was just wondering if they helped a lot cos I might have put em on for winter, but if they dont a wont bother

keefy

Dec 4, 2006
Mudflaps'll make not a jot of difference to the covering that the ar5e ond of the Ibiza receives.
It's all about aerodynamics.
The sharp edge of the spoiler detaches the airflow from the rear of the car. Behind the car a curling vortex of air pulls muck back onto the rear glass.
If the rear screen was more raked, this probably wouldn't be so much of a problem. Or if Seat had put a slit in the spoiler (where it joins the window) to direct some of the air down the rear screen. But they didn't.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members