My Dynamic Grey Cupra 280 :D

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
VWR R600 filter and turbo technics intake pipe arrived yesterday. I'll update this when it's fitted!

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
Gave the engine bay a bit of a clean today, also took a few pics of the intake :)
The intake does appear to have made a difference with regards to throttle response. Probably won't make much difference until it's been remapped, but it does feel a bit more responsive and the engine bay looks a bit more pleasant.

Installation was relatively easy (I'm not great with car mechanics). Hardest bit was probably removing the factory inlet hose. For those that don't already know, there is a bit of modification required to get the intake to fit flush. I had to cut a small piece of plastic off; takes 30 seconds and it becomes apparent when you're installing the intake.

Before:

f5TIdXN.jpeg

After:

N7Na8oe.jpg

3PeIo4j.jpeg

9PIxbyr.jpeg

RYFyrPT.jpeg

zWwe8Nz.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Superman001

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
Haven't had much time to update this lately and I can see that photobucket has shafted its users by charging us for third party hosting....no thanks. I'll get round to fixing the old photos over the weekend.

Anyway, back to the car...Finally got the BCS catback fitted and have also done a full brake upgrade with braided hoses and DOT5.1 brake fluid, I'm still using the standard caliper, but am happy with the end result.

I must commend BCS for the quality of their exhausts, they're first class. I opted for the PowerValve WRC system, which has brought the car to life. You can drive around town with little drama and you don't bring any unwanted attention, that changes though when you're going for it. In tunnels it is epic and the DSG farts are a lot louder....couldn't be happier. (This is how it should've sounded straight from the factory).

I recently took part in a VMax event in Dublin over the summer with a few mates and I can say that it was an amazing experience and met some characters along the way. The car performed well and she did the cupra crowd justice by coming third based on average speed over the timed runs....DSG helps with this :D. Here's the timesheet I received for my category:

glXVQxy.png

Appearance wise, the car hasn't changed much in the past few months as I'm happy now with how she looks and I plan on moving onto the engine and interior next. I plan on keeping the car for a good few years as I've a lot more planned for her. :whistle:

zrk2g0L.jpg

The plan now is to get her up to stage 2 and then prep for Worthersee next May, I'll try to keep this up to date more often.

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
Finally got round to updating the old pictures and updating the mods list, quick update

These might be happening at the weekend - sale agreed, just need a visual inspection and pickup:

qIQB6JT.jpg

1U54GX0.jpg

go2pj8E.jpg

rryans11

MK3 Leon Cupra 290
Feb 4, 2012
UK
Haven't had much time to get posting anything up lately due to trying to prepare for Worthersee, so here's how the car looks at the minute.

The seats have finally been fitted to the car and I've also went back up to 19's and purchased some BBS CI-R alloys, they're pretty much the same as the SR wheels on previously, just a bit lighter, I think they help fill the arches better.

8GQXAZd.jpg

4FfHCkh.jpg

TwoqSyI.jpg

uYc0YVX.jpg

pY38P6k.jpg

Also attended Dubshed and showed the car for the first time. Must say I had a thoroughly enjoyable weekend meeting some new people and getting a look at what else is about, photos below:

CEUSinh.jpg

y3giikV.jpg

BLMuHBq.jpg

And to finish the post off, a sneaky post shower shot ;)
JqNEFBW.jpg

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Oh my that's a pretty car! :clap:

Will one be joining us in the National meet this year in Donington?

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

Very nice car, have you been lowered (it looks like you have)

If so how far down did you go.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Nice motor :)

Quick question on the seats, do the standard seats not contain airbags? Thought they did, but if not it opens up a lot more possibilities...

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Ive always thought the front looks a bit plain. That splityer totally changes the look from the front :) love it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.