My first ibiza - project build thread

Brady93

Jan 28, 2014
Worcestershire
Loving this! You've given me a few ideas when I come round to having the spare cash! :D How much were the repair and respray on the alloys if you don't mind me asking?

DStrawhorn

Mar 26, 2012
East Ayrshire, Scotland
Top quality work on the retrim!

Thanks mate!

Just like to say DStrawhorn this is a really excellent example of the Mk4 Ibiza - keep up the good work! :)
Thanks a lot mate! Really appreciate it!

Loving this! You've given me a few ideas when I come round to having the spare cash! :D How much were the repair and respray on the alloys if you don't mind me asking?
Glad I could be of some help :p
The alloys are powder coated. All it it was £160 and took a day

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

DStrawhorn

Mar 26, 2012
East Ayrshire, Scotland
Thanks for all the kind words guys! Works ground to a halt as I was recently made unemployed unfortunately. However I hear back from a job tomorrow so here's hoping and I can get back on track.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to work out how to make these fit lmao
he2u3atu.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

DStrawhorn

Mar 26, 2012
East Ayrshire, Scotland
Been a whole since I've posted a proper update so here goes.

I decided to bite the bullet and get an air suspension kit - Accuair's eLevel management with AirRex struts.
After buying the kit, I had no money left too get it installed which meant one thing, DIY :D
7evatera.jpg

6aheva7y.jpg

Started off with getting some materials, a large sheet of mdf (a more solid wood would have been better) and Adobe suede fabric. I then set about positioning the two 480c viair compressors, Accuair control box and the 5 gal tank.
yqyda6ed.jpg

uza3eheg.jpg

5egu9uma.jpg

I then covered the wood in the suede and reattached the components.

anyzehav.jpg

Next was running the air lines down into the arches and wiring everything up which I didn't get pictures of unfortunately.
Then came the struts - the easy part :p
utyguvev.jpg

9ugatu9a.jpg

banujabu.jpg

Then guess what? I got sent the wrong struts! this is the car aired all the way down
8e7e9eva.jpg

Doesn't go anywhere near as low as I need. Not too worry, Luke at plush automotive has been very helpful and has contacted AirRex who are sending out a replacement part for me too try, so here's hoping that'll sort it out.

Another update its, I got my alloys! I won't be posting a picture just yet but there 3 piece, 8.5j all round and apparently the only set in the UK...

I also got a Grip Royal steering wheel imported from the states to finish off my interior
ydagyhyv.jpg

a5ugagyz.jpg

Other than a few carbon parts that's pretty much it.

Car goes in for paint to get the bumper fixed (scuffed it against a wall...:eek:) on the 4th so while it's in I'll be doing some new things to the interior :D

That's pretty much it just now, next update the car will be finished hopefully.

Cheers,
David

yry7e7yd.jpg

MattLaneUK

Welshman, who
Nov 24, 2013
Swansea, South Wales
Looks good mate! Quick question. With the plastic insert which goes below the gear stick, above the hand brake, how the hell did you managed to get it that good without the wrapping lifting? I've tried 5 times with my mate. Everything from heat guns, tacking, leaving over time secured - NOTHING.

How did you get it so good?
Thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.