my FR is poorly

shuikit

Mar 9, 2005
Huddersfield
Had the first thing to go wrong just before the weekend.. :cry:

The alarm has decided to like going off at silly am and not stop! unlocking and locking the car only keeps it quiet for a few minutes. It can be fine for long periods, but once it's been set off. It'll just keep going off!

The annoying thing with these new fangled cars is that u can't lock the damn things without arming the alarm! Even if u lock it with the key the alarm etc.. Sets! Any ideas??? I've also tired the button behind the gear stick but once u open a door that door remains unlocked! I've seen the thing u can turn in the door behind the rubber cover thingy BUT there isn't one on the driver's door, I've been told (by a guy in the garage) since it has a keyhole on the outside, but that will set the alarm!

Took it down to the garage on sat (Richard Alexandar), naturally they couldn't find anything wrong but the logs showed that the last 4 times the alarm was set off by the internal sensors which they turned down the sensitivity BUT that ain't fixed it. :cry:

Booked in Fri now for them to have another look. Wondering what loan car I'll get.

sk

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Do they have a switch down on the right of the drivers doors, on the bottom of the B pillar, old Leons have a button here, that disables the volumetrics, so you can turn the sensors off at least until they fix it, but you have to press it each time before you lock the car, it disables it for one lock period, next time you open the car it resets.

Long shot as im not sure the Mk2 Leon's have these or not.

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
Early mk4 Golfs had an issue where a pressure change inside the cabin could set off the interior sensors, the short term cure was to set the AC/Climate Control to recycle the air (ie shut off the cabin from the outside vents) before switching off the engine. Could be worth a try?:shrug:

shuikit

Mar 9, 2005
Huddersfield
double clicking the lock button to disable the volumetric sensors was one of the first things I did, I too assumed it was just something moving or air pressure etc.. BUT this has no effect!

I'm pretty convinced that it's one of the door sensors playing up as I've noticed that after the alarm goes nutty, when left unarmed the interior lights periodically light up, as if a door had been opened...?

Figured out how to lock my doors...a huge faff but now my doors are locked. Sat in the passenger seat, used the button behind the gear stick to lock the doors, exited the car and then used that switch thingy in the passenger door to lock that door.

KDT

My FR is also poorly

:cry:

Have had the same issue with the alarm and the car has been at the dealers for nearly four weeks now. They are waiting on a part from Seat UK. At first they didn't believe me about the alarm until they kept it for a few days. Still off the road weeks later!!

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
Had the first thing to go wrong just before the weekend.. :cry:

The alarm has decided to like going off at silly am and not stop! unlocking and locking the car only keeps it quiet for a few minutes. It can be fine for long periods, but once it's been set off. It'll just keep going off!

The annoying thing with these new fangled cars is that u can't lock the damn things without arming the alarm! Even if u lock it with the key the alarm etc.. Sets! Any ideas??? I've also tired the button behind the gear stick but once u open a door that door remains unlocked! I've seen the thing u can turn in the door behind the rubber cover thingy BUT there isn't one on the driver's door, I've been told (by a guy in the garage) since it has a keyhole on the outside, but that will set the alarm!

Took it down to the garage on sat (Richard Alexandar), naturally they couldn't find anything wrong but the logs showed that the last 4 times the alarm was set off by the internal sensors which they turned down the sensitivity BUT that ain't fixed it. :cry:

Booked in Fri now for them to have another look. Wondering what loan car I'll get.

sk

Do a search on "alarm" you'l find a lot of us there the culprit appears to be the n/s door controller [the stealership have so far changed 3 wrong bits !! so much for the diagnostic equipment], my daughters will be off the for 6wks - part promised for end jan!!!???@@@
The worry is that it will go into a state that you can not lock the car - no insurance cover !!!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members