my gt30 ibiza cupra,rollcage,bride seats, part time track car new track wheels :)

gazcuprablk

my 300+ death box :)
Mar 31, 2006
south wales
right then i been posting on here for a while now about 3 years and thought i might aswel chuck a build thread up so the car is an ibiza mark 3 bought totally standard from a guy in north wales. with 77k on the clock paid 3k for it

Picture015.jpg

i used 2 have a black ibiza cupra mark 3 before this k03s with fmic and all the other bits inc revo stage 2 cobra buckets had a smothed front bumper which was near enough the same as this but i wrote it off heres a pic of what it used 2 look like and a pic after,

Picture002.jpg

this was when i had the wheels fitted and the next is about a month later lol

Picture003.jpg

after this i had a mark 3 polo 1litre to run about in and was an awesome on fuel.

so a plan was set to find another ibiza and make it better than the last 1 as i had soo many bits that could i not justify sellin them all and makin a loss on them so the day i bought the ibiza which was tottally standard 156 bhp and had a bailey dump valve and green cotton air filter

and heres the day after when i fitted the coilovers (weitec hicon gtn) and wheels (8x17 compomotive mo's with 205-40-17 tyres on) next to the black car :(

Picture014.jpg

the car has come along way since the day i bought the red ibiza a year ago now has had alot of work done 2 it but will post more when i get time

Last edited:

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
ye i kno it didnt look that bad from the pics but the 2 chassis legs were bent it needed jiggin and as i work in a bodyyshop i was goin 2 do all the work and get it back on the road but it would of cost 2k to put it right and i knew i was goin 2 put some more power under the hood an didnt want to throw money at a car that was a cat 'c' and worth nothin when/if i sell it

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
anyway back 2 the build, i drove the red car around like this for about 3 months while i collected bits so i could make this car better than the old 1 which would be a job as the black 1 was awesome and owned it for 3 years and spent loads of money on it so over the next few months i collected a few bits 2 get my car sorted these were the bits i bought,

brembo callipers, pads, and braided lines with 305mm godspeed grooved discs

gt2871 that came off a mates focus rs wich was about 370bhp and had covered 4.5k

then i decided to start lookin at manifolds but they were all waay 2 expensive at about 1k so decided 2 buy a kit with a cast jabba manifold,3" dp, 440cc injectors, fuel pump (walbro 255lb) inline, 3"maf and all oil/water lines and a gt2860rs turbo. so this ment i had a spare turbo if the worst was 2 hapen altho it was slightly bigger internally and rated 2 more bhp i stuck with the 2860rs as i didnt want 2 push my luck on blowin the thing up.

so a plan was formed 2 fit all the turbo kit to the engine i took out of my black car which is lower milage and has fsh cambelt done 2 months before i crashed it and has had oil changed every 3k so made sense to do it this way as id still be able 2 drive my car.
will get some pics up when i can get them off my old phone

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
pics with turbo installed 2 my other engine

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

so on2 somethin id never done in my life was 2 change an engine lol id fitted all the turbo kit myself which was a challenge on its own as im not or anywhere near a mechanic and needed 2 make up some 12mm spanners say about 3 of them as the bolts are so tight to the manifold. But i thought f**k it if i can get the engine in myself ill pay someone to wire it up as its just a straight forward conversion i.e. not like puttin a 2litre redtop in a corsa

and a pic of my m8 messin about:

DSC00036.jpg

i worked on the car where it is no garage and parked in a car park next to my mum's house and decided to change the engine at the end of november!!!!

Last edited:

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
the car has had a little treat for the trip 2 inters had 4 new yoko parada spec 2's a new exhaust fitted as the baffles in the old one made a break and decided they didnt want to stay in the exhaust lol, also she's been on a diet and has lost all the rear seats, doorcards, parcel shelf etc and fitted cobra daytona buckets in there, also as my bonnet flipped up i sourced a black one for now til i get the other painted have 2 admit i quite like it and fitted a b&m quickshift, ill get some pics up as soon as i get them on here

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
just a few pics of when i put the brakes etc on it has since been lowered a bit more but look how much there is still 2 go on the coilovers

044.jpg

and my fav pic of the car so far

004.jpg

i have some pics from inters but got to get them off my m8s camera where i had quickest seat on sat and sun with a 13.7 and 13.6 quarter mile and quickest seat 0-60 on both days with 5.6 secs on sat and 5.2 on sunday well happy with my times as it would not spin the tyres up as my clutch is fooked and refuses 2 die lol have no vids of the quarter mile from inters so heres a few from santa pod a few months ago

Last edited:

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
had the car rollin roaded on sunday down at gotboost in llandow with the standard clutch still refusing to die lol, the car made 278bhp and 252lbs torque was quite hoping for 300 bhp but the fueling at about 6k dropped so i think the map needs a tweek so will be changing the clutch and maybe gettin bigger injectors and then take it back up2 bill to get the map tweeked and some more boost to hopefully make 300.

pics later when i get them

Sian09

Cracking looking car. Love these in red.. not that im biased or anything!

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
phil i think it was 234bhp at the wheels ive left the sheet in work so ill double check when i go back in a bit, i signed up on sw-cc a few years ago and forgot my password but now have it and seen the pics on there of my car but cant copy and paste them here for some reason any chance u could send them 2 me so i can put them up here?

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
awesome cheers phil, it's about 40-45bhp loss altho im assuming it vary's a little with the power im assuming.

the bumper was actually sittin on the rollers when it was on there lol quite lucky i ripped it off on the grass at gti international or it would of got ripped off on the rollers.

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
got a little issue with fuelling at the moment at 6k the air fuel ratio drops to 10 where it should be abit more but im goin to have a chat to bill and see what he recomends,

had the car rollin roaded as u know from my previous pics and had 278bhp at the flywheel was a bit gutted to be honest as the time as i thought it was at least 300bhp but thinkin back now im quite happy with that as bill had 2 turn the map down a little as my clutch is still only standard and was slippin like mad when he was mappin the car, and after havin a few little dabbles with a 400hp evo and keepin with him and pullin on an m3 im very happy as bill said theres more in the turbo so when i get a new clutch and sort this fuelling issue out ill be off back to get the map looked at and getting him to wind the boost up.:D

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Nice car mate, remember seeing it at inters, my car was 2nd behind yours at inters on the saturday now that you mention it.... My standard clutch is gone too, I have a vid of mine at inters slipping like mad in 3rd gear like half way up the strip to the finish sounds silly (thought it was wheelspin initially, trying to control it) lol Out of curiosity what is the offset/type of your compos? My car is also red, must be the fast ones haha :)

gazcuprablk

Mar 31, 2006
south wales
:doh::redface: my bad think i need to get my head stuck in on these cars still a newbie on the engine side of things but im gettin there slowly lol

hi m8 u were campin just accross from us on the weekend 2 i remember now u had standard wheels painted anthracite and eccose(scotish) sticker on the boot and scottish flag over the parcel shelf. the compo's are 8x17s et 35 or 37 i think but a twat to clean what kind of power are you runnin m8 and who mapped it?

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.