My K04 hybrid powered MK2 Cupra Sport track slag (it's now left the building)

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
I remember seeing the build on another site seat enthusiasts or something.

Hey look thats my seats in your car.lol.

Guessing the full cage is the reason i have the rear strut brace

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Little update on this weekends fun

I've removed most of the interior so i can remove uneeded wiring loom and sound deadening

Started off with scraping the sound deadening from the floor, a pain in the arse to do but much easier with a hot air gun and a scraper, next the dash came out so i could get to the rest of the sound deadening easier and sort out the wiring.

My plan is to remove any uneeded wiring such as airbags and air con looms to get the weight down a bit (okay it probably wont make a great deal of difference but every little helps)

Hopefully i'll have some new mirrors turning up in the next few weeks so the standard elecy mirrors and all wiring will also go.

Picture013-1.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture019-1.jpg

The sound deadening i managed to remove weights in at 5kg

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
I remember seeing the build on another site seat enthusiasts or something.

Hey look thats my seats in your car.lol.

Guessing the full cage is the reason i have the rear strut brace

Yeah there was a thread from the build back in the day (almost 2 years ago now)

Once we'd made the cage there wasn't much point having the rear strut brace as the welded in tube was doing the job :)

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Stunning car there Ben l

ooking into doing this conversion also, as father is a mechy along with his friends personal expeirence of cars

Well old cars though should be good fun

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Midnight Motors is just something me and a few mates came up with, i work on my/their cars after hours and usually untill stupid o'clock in the morning so the name kind of stuck.

I work in what used to be a Seat main dealer as Parts and Service manager (we we're still a main dealer when i built my car)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
My pyromaniac streak!! before using the hot air gun and scraper i had the bright idea of brake cleaner and a lighter :ban:

It certainly covered and removed a larger surface area but parts of the wiring loom suffered

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.