My K04 hybrid powered MK2 Cupra Sport track slag (it's now left the building)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Red I think mate can you see anything in them?

I haven't tried them with the glass in yet, im guessing i wont be able to see alot but im more concerned with what's going on in front of me

Wow, superb job on the car, looks really really good. I actually like the mirrors. I think you should keep them red like the car. I think you can get away with the mirrors as the car isnt a 2.0 16v anymore, its more of a hybrid so the mirrors are good. Good work mate.

Mirrors are marmite jobby some will hate them but some including me love them:D

You gonna tray for a feature in a mag at somepoint?

Its certainly a break from the norm

I've decided for red mirrors and black base plates, i'll see how it looks on the car and if i don't like it get them repainted in black.
Was suposed to go in Golf+ last year but that fell through for some unknown reason :confused: i'll be on the case again once i've got a few more bits done though

Nice little project you've got going here. A Mk3 in a Mk2 shell.

Do you think you'll run of out things to do on it?

I'll run out of money before things to do, i've got a list as long as your arm of to do's ;)

Knowing Ben Nope

Agreed, a definate no!:lol:

You 2 know me far to well :lol:

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Wow mate what a journey,its simply amasing what you have done,and if i find the right doner mate,they may be another mk2 20t!

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Well i got 3 kids so need it at the mo yougest doesnt need a pram any more so go 2new subs lol,i think it would be grate in an estate!and just imagan peoples faces!when you use the loud pedle!rember the volvo t5 touring car estates they were grate!

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Quick update on the last month or so's progress (or lack of)

1 week before Cadwell my gearbox decided to spring a leak, after finding a broken diff bolt and a few missing teeth from 4th it meant i wouldn't be taking the ibiza, gearbox is now rebuilt (hopefully with a stronger bolt set up this time) and the car is back on the road

DSC00053.jpg

Picture032-1.jpg

Picture037.jpg

I've finally got my dtm's back from the paintshop aswell, fitted them tonight and i don't think i like them :whistle:

Opinions welcome, but i think i'll stick them up for sale and look for something else

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

Also noticed tonight whilst on the ramp the oil cooler pipework is starting to look a bit tatty, think my next task is to remove the cooler and all pipework and hopefully go for a different location and some braided lines

I'll update the thread as i go

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
nice one mate glad its sorted,dtms look good mate im not a fan of them but they do look good

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Like you said mate, from the sides it looks good, but head on it looks a bit funny. It's probably only because we're used to seeing it with square, heavy beasts on her!

Maybe give it time and you'll love them.

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Ouchies!

I'd have painted the bases too, but they're an aquired taste

I was going to paint everything but decided the black would break it up a bit

I'll be bringing a bag of broken bits to this months meet ;)

nice one mate glad its sorted,dtms look good mate im not a fan of them but they do look good

I'd always wanted a set of the proper ones but now i've got them i think i prefer the copies over them, not that i was a big lover of them anyway, if that makes sense

Like you said mate, from the sides it looks good, but head on it looks a bit funny. It's probably only because we're used to seeing it with square, heavy beasts on her!

Maybe give it time and you'll love them.

It's already got the origianl ones back on it mate, i looked at them for ages at work and just wasn't sure on them, decisions decisions, i only want to put my door trims back on

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
It's already got the origianl ones back on it mate, i looked at them for ages at work and just wasn't sure on them, decisions decisions, i only want to put my door trims back on

Haha you're terribe! I need to copy your wiring for your mirrors at some point if that's okay?

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Pipework for the catch tank, just looking at a cd changer too. Is it still okay to nap that converter thing from you?

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Too late mate, there in the box and going on the bay as soon as i can be bothered

Now that im back to heated, elecy mirrors i think i'll leave them alone and conentrate on something else, catch tank needs re-working

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.