My K04 hybrid powered MK2 Cupra Sport track slag (it's now left the building)

af1

Feb 17, 2008
i have touched this car.. it is sexy!
also ben is one of the nicest guys i have ever met, and makes a wicked coffee... must catch up again soon mate!

alan

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
looks sweet mate

how come you put the redbull can in the engine bay? just curious, cos i've got a Dr.Pepper bottle as a catch tank lol

There's a good story behind that :D basically it goes back to the cars 1st track outing at Snetterton in december 06

The bottom rad hose had been rubbing on the fan cowling and decided to split whilst i was on track, after a morning in the pits and a bit of creativity we came up with a repair, the split pipe was cut and sleeved and then packed out with a red bull can (there's now one wrapped and taped into the bottom hose to hopefully stop it from going again)

Stu has a video of it somewhere with no front end and a couple of red bull cans underneath collecting coolant

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
i have touched this car.. it is sexy!
also ben is one of the nicest guys i have ever met, and makes a wicked coffee... must catch up again soon mate!

alan

Hello mate, thanks for the comments, it was good to meet you on saturday, i make a better cup of tea than i do coffee

Pics were taken down the road from my work on the new industrial estate

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Engine bay looks good mate :) Looks alot neater with the injector wiring hidden too ;)

I've got a ribena bottle for a catch tank at the moment. Works fine!

Robbing your idea's again mate ;) im still tempted with the other pipework we were talking about, will do some measuring at some point and see if it's do-able

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Robbing your idea's again mate ;) im still tempted with the other pipework we were talking about, will do some measuring at some point and see if it's do-able

That's alright, i steal plenty of yours! Yeah i think it would look sweet, just wish i had done that now too!

Just booked my Brands ticket:)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
If clearance is an issue i wont bother, will see if Mick will let me order and then return if i don't need it

Looking forward to Brands, especially for a greasy bacon roll :)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
i might have to go there for a pic!

I think there building down there most days, hence why we went on a sunday when no one was about

Mine collected a litre of emulsified condensation in 1200 miles, hardly any oil at all

Looks good Ben, very oem looking:)

Cheers Stu

The last catch tank (ribbena bottle) seemed to only collect condensation and very little oil/sludge, luckily this is easy enough to empty so will see how it goes

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
There's a good story behind that :D basically it goes back to the cars 1st track outing at Snetterton in december 06

The bottom rad hose had been rubbing on the fan cowling and decided to split whilst i was on track, after a morning in the pits and a bit of creativity we came up with a repair, the split pipe was cut and sleeved and then packed out with a red bull can (there's now one wrapped and taped into the bottom hose to hopefully stop it from going again)

Stu has a video of it somewhere with no front end and a couple of red bull cans underneath collecting coolant

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3115723856441112187&hl=en-GB

1:30 into the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMD8vuq_Mjk

whoops my bad:redface:

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Latest Update

As usual i was bored so decided to do something else to the car :whistle:

The oil cooler has now been removed and hopefully i'll be having a custom one sized up over the next month or so.

Since seeing the job done on Martin's cam cover i decided i'd get some of my engine parts powder coated, there away at the moment but will hopefully have them back in the next week or so.

Next job while it's off the road is to tidy up the engine bay and give it a damn good clean as it's all a bit dirty under there.

Will post up more progress pics as i take them

DSC00060.jpg

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
We'll i finally got my parts back from the powder coaters, i wasn't sure how it was all going to look but now it's all refitted im happy with the overall look.

The powder coaters have done a top notch job and Martins painting on the throttle body is spot on aswell (cheers mate)

I've still got to give the engine bay a proper clean so only got the one pic for the moment.

Comments welcome

09-03-08031.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.