My LCR. 330mm brakes,wheels,KW Clubsports, Quaife ATB, stage 2 map booked.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I do love MKII Golf's but I just didn't feel safe driving around with the kids in it. It's an 8v I was planning on going K04 20v T with but bought the LCR instead. It would Have been fun stage 2 and 980 kg!
Everyone who has the Wietec's fitted seems to like them and I could have them fitted for the same price as the Billy's. Hopefully I'll of made my mind up by this time next month:D Thanks for the advise.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
I have the V3s and to be fair I've adjusted them many many times as I couldn't get the settings I wanted. I really wanted someone 'in the know' about suspension to tackle it but didn't want to spend a whole day there. Car is comfortable now, and still handles amazing. If set up for track I'm sure it would be a go kart.

With regards to rods, I'm looking into this now for peace of mind. Never thought I would go that far, but I don't wanna blow the engine. Not going 'all out engine rebuild' just pistons and Rods etc. What are you gonna do? Full engine strengthening?

Go the full polybush route dude and stick those spacers you said on. Polybushing is a great mod, I still say I'm in no great rush to do the rear ARB cos of how well this car handles.

Keep up the updates.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working....

Last edited:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Forgot I ordered this a while ago from Bill.
b9937992.jpg

I'll be fitting it at the same time I fit a Welly cooler. So hopefully some time later this year!
I had a nightmare earlier this week. When I bought the car the ring on the key fob was broken and looking pretty tatty. I bought a new blank to replace it but I could find anyone who would cut the key. I found it again recently and tried again this time finding a local independed key cutter to cut it. So got a new battery and changed the guts of the fob over. Only I couldn't get the dam transponder out! I tried using nail varnish remover (not mine!) and a scalpel. Unfortunately I slipped and the scalpel broke the transponder[:@]. So I'll have to buy a new transponder and get it paired with the car! Anyone know of a place in Lincoln how could do it for a reasonable price???
Today this arrived in the post so I can add a second key. It came from ebay bought from someone in Bristol who'd lost there key. Bought a second hand one and a blank swaped it all over then found there key.
42a03000.jpg

Oh and I think for the money I'll be buying the Wietec's and grooved one price discs. Cars booked in for MOT on Monday :help:

Last edited:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Go the full polybush route dude and stick those spacers you said on. Polybushing is a great mod, I still say I'm in no great rush to do the rear ARB cos of how well this car handles.

Keep up the updates.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working....

Polybushing is defiantly something I want to do. You should try a rear ARB it's one of the best suspension mods you'll do, turn in is so much sharper. In fact one on the reasons I've not fitted the front ARB is I'm happy with the balance as it is. You should try one.

Last edited:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
These just arrived in the post. Poly top mounts from a GB and Fabia rear wiper conversion from eBay.
02826439.jpg

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Well it's just failed the MOT. The broken spring I new about and I have a second hand one at home to fit. NS Track rod end needs replacing. So it's booked in for Wednesday and I'm going to get the front ARB fitted at the same time.
Only PITA is the front Tyres are just on the legal limit! That's around 4000 on those two! Should of had the tracking done when I had them fitted what a school boy error!!!!
Looks like the coilovers will be on hold a little longer.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
That's the MOT past and the steering feeling much less slack. Got a few bits to fit but going to be a quiet month as far as purchases go. I'll be on the look out for a 225 steering wheel next month and breaks will finally be purchased! I'm going to buy a turbo back system as my exhaust needs replacing so that may have to be bought before the coilovers. Unsure to go de cat or sports cat???
Also need a splitter as mine's a mess.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Had a few thing turn up in the post this week.
f05bbb7e.jpg

Battery relocation brackets from Dolby thanks for the fast dispatch fella :)
Glove box insert to replace the useless CD changer. Again thanks for the fantastic service Dave (sere motors).
3d carbon fiber vinyl.
A 76mm cold air feed prized from away from a lad in a Nova :lol:
Jobs for the weekend. Along with washing the car for Sundays meet. The glovebox insert fitted great addition for £11.53 delivered.
c425aedb.jpg

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Thanks Fella, how are you finding the airtec FMIC?

Very impressive! Performed really well at a track day just gone at Brands Hatch I did :D

Was booting the car hard for near on 20mins and no issues at all with the car, pulled strong every lap. Highly recommend my cooler it's the daddy :D

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
So just ordered one of these bad boys and associated pipe work!!! Will be fitting it later in the month very excited!http://www.toyosports.co.uk/fmic-ffront-mount-turbo-intercooler-type-b-600x300x76mm-8699-1041-p.asp

A few of questions.
I still have the standard top turbo hoses fitted. Am I correct in thinking if I order one extra 45 deg hose and alloy joiner. I can connet from the inlet side of the FMIC to the charge pipe from the turbo?
I also want at some point to fit WMI and will fit a forge map pipe. Is there enough room to fit it between the head light and battery or does the battery need moving?
I'm also going to fit the mocal oil cooler at the same time. Is this kit all I need to buy to fit it or is anything else needed? Is a thermostatic sandwich plate needed? http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=400312697936&index=10&nav=WATCHING&nid=57180739737
Also is the air which passes through the fog light grill only use for the ambient temp sensor and cooling the SMIC? Would they be ok to block off completely???

Last edited:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Anyone?
The Wellycooler should be her any time soon can't wait to get it fitted along with the oil cooler!
Goodspeed breaks and DS2500 pads will be ordered soon.
Then Wietec Hicon GT coilovers, polly bushing and fitment of the front ARB at LVSR.
I need a Lambda sensor with I'm hoping will stop the engine light on the dash and improve MPG.
Then that will have to be an end to spending this year. Although I may fit WMI as well?

Last edited:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Bugger. Just received the hoses for the Wellycooler half in black half in blue! Been in touch withMr silicon waiting for a reply!
Also this arrived from sere motors
0e83ad5f.jpg

I some how managed to lose the bung for the flywheel inspection hole. £4 delivered hole bungee up, thanks Dave.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
This has arrived
363bcf2d.jpg

Just need the correct pipe work to arrive and the time to fit it now.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Nice LCR dude :) If you don't mind my asking, what is the Polo aerial like for reception and where would I get one like that? I got a much shorter Citroen C2 one but the reception is hopeless, yours looks like it might do me better.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
The reception is not great I'm going to fit a booster at some point to see if that help. However I do live out in the sticks which doesn't help. I needed to trim the bottom of it slightly to fit but if I can remember correctly it only cost £7?

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
The booster should help a little, I tried one with the C2 aerial and it's a bit better but still pretty flaky, hoping if I can get a longer aerial like yours and use the booster then that might work. Good price too and it looks neat.

Nice big cooler that :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.