My LCR. 330mm brakes,wheels,KW Clubsports, Quaife ATB, stage 2 map booked.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Fingers crossed on the booster I'll have to get one soon.
As for the cooler yes it's not small! Not bad for £96 delivered.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
My booster came from ebay, was only a few quid. Even if it doesn't work you've not exactly broken the bank trying it :)

That's a great price for the cooler. I did consider doing a DIY job based on the same one you've got but when a used Forge one came up locally for a great price it was too good to pass up!

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Is that the big race FMIC? It'd be interesting to see how they compare. If it wasn't for the Wellycooler a FMIC would be way down my list of things to do. But at the price it'd be rude not to.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Nah just the standard one. TBH I'm a bit skeptical it can be a lot better on a LCR, the standard Forge one occupies almost all of the area behind the lower center grille.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I was just thinking last night when I was trying to get to sleep about what I have to do to my car and what I want to do. This came after my wife found my FMIC and asked why did you buy that when you NEED brakes? Good question:whistle:
So I need to focus my limited time/money and not just go on mad ebay and fourm driven spending sprees. As I already have a few hunder pounds worth of bits to fit and there is some thing that I do NEED to spend money on!!!.
So I thought I'd put my mental list here.

What I NEED.
1 Brakes- I've decided on the Goodspeed groved front and rear disce, DS2500 2front pads and OEM rear pads. Change the brake fluide. Braided hoses.
2 Sort out the fault code 16804 here's a link to the thread I started to try and sort it out http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=337744 any help would be great thanks :confused:
3 Replace the suspension- I'm stuck between KW V1 and Wietech GT Hicon? I've also had a very good quote for full polly busing. New top moutyhs and I have the polly top mount bushes.
4 Replace the front spiltter ans it's hanging very low and is catching on speed bumps. It also looks a mess.
5 the fornt tyres will need replacing before the winter.

Bits I've bought and need to be fitted
1 The Wellycooler, I can't wait to fit this ;)
2 Neuspeed front ARB will be fitted when the rest of the suspension get fitted.
3 LED side lights.
4 Replacement cup holder.
5 Oil cooler.
6 Audi TT front strut brace.

A few small things I want to do
1 Repaint the brake calipers ( I already have new Brembo decals)
2 Tripple R composit rear defuser when they start selling it!!!.
3 225 steering wheel.
4 Turbo back system with sports cat.
5 WMI with forge map pipe.
6 Forge carge pipe and othe hosing.
7 Catch can and sort out the PVC.
8 New hand brake and gear lever gaitor/gear knob from Sere motors.
9 Stack boost, oil temp, oil pressure gauges and Nomad two gauge A pillar gauge holder.
10 Liquide gauge.
11 Refub the wheels and new centre caps.
12 New stereo.
13 B5 V2.2 TIP with new air filter and home made heat sheild.
14 Forge 008 DV.

The bigger things I'm planning to do!
1 Forged con rod's.
2 Relentless V3 manifold.
3 Re built large port head.
4 EBC
5 Straight to custom Stage 2 map.
6 Re spray
7 (A dream) Recaro interior
The End :thanks:

All I need is the time and the money. So this is going to be a very long term project:D

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good list :)

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the Godspeed discs as a couple of people have mentioned these as grooved alternatives to EBC's....

You will love the Neuspeed front ARB and the difference it makes :)

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Good list :)

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the Godspeed discs as a couple of people have mentioned these as grooved alternatives to EBC's....

You will love the Neuspeed front ARB and the difference it makes :)

I've just got to try and make the list reality now:)
I have been in two minds wheter to fit the front ARB. As I really like the balnce of the car with the diff and RARB fitted. Lots of front end grip and back keen to follow. Nice and pointy! Can't wait to finish of the rest of the suspension Handling mods are always my favorite mods. What effect did your front ARB have?
You should definitely buy a diff they are amazing bits of kit. It makes me smile every time I go out in the car. I still have'nt found its limits yet.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
I've just got to try and make the list reality now:)
I have been in two minds wheter to fit the front ARB. As I really like the balnce of the car with the diff and RARB fitted. Lots of front end grip and back keen to follow. Nice and pointy! Can't wait to finish of the rest of the suspension Handling mods are always my favorite mods. What effect did your front ARB have?
You should definitely buy a diff they are amazing bits of kit. It makes me smile every time I go out in the car. I still have'nt found its limits yet.

Flat cornering at speed, just feels so much more balanced and nimble! Brands Hatch proved my thoughts I'd found from fast road driving and it came alive. I've got a Neuspeed FARB, Eibach Rear.

Can only imagine how much a diff would help! I would love one and it could be on the cards in the next couple of months with my new clutch. :)

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I've just roughly added that list up and it is around 11000 pounds. Better not tell the wife;)

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
They are rough prices. If you can help getting the price down that would be great!

What I NEED.
1 Brakes- 575
2 Sort out the fault code 120
3 Replace the suspension- 1124
4 Replace the front spiltter ans it's hanging very low and is catching on speed bumps. It also looks a mess. 45
5 the fornt tyres will need replacing before the winter. 300

Bits I've bought and need to be fitted
1 The Wellycooler, I can't wait to fit this
2 Neuspeed front ARB will be fitted when the rest of the suspension get fitted.
3 LED side lights.
4 Replacement cup holder.
5 Oil cooler.
6 Audi TT front strut brace.

A few small things I want to do
1 Repaint the brake calipers ( I already have new Brembo decals) 10
2 Tripple R composit rear defuser when they start selling it!!!. 110
3 225 steering wheel. 160
4 Turbo back system with sports cat. 1000
5 WMI with forge map pipe. 360
6 Forge carge pipe and othe hosing. 250
7 Catch can and sort out the PVC. 100
8 New hand brake and gear lever gaitor/gear knob from Sere motors. 300
9 Stack boost, oil temp, oil pressure gauges and Nomad two gauge A pillar gauge holder. 350
10 Liquide gauge. 200
11 Refub the wheels and new centre caps. 250
12 New stereo. 200
13 B5 V2.2 TIP with new air filter and home made heat sheild. 250
14 Forge 008 DV. 120

The bigger things I'm planning to do!
1 Forged con rod's. 1100
2 Relentless V3 manifold. 260
3 Re built large port head. 400
4 EBC 400
5 Straight to custom Stage 2 map. 400
6 Re spray 2000
7 (A dream) Recaro interior 700

Last edited:

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I'd say the top priority is getting the brakes sorted especially if you're coming to Blyton with us
If you havnt already spunked out on suspension then i'd get your FMIC fitted instead, again this will help on the track
Im also suffering with 16804 and have been for the last 5ish months, just trying to find time to log it and confirm its a knackered lambda

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Lol mate u ain't messing about are u lol.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working....

It's only a wish list and won't be happening in a hurry :whistle:
I dare you to add up what you've spent. It's scary when you put it on paper:D

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I'd say the top priority is getting the brakes sorted especially if you're coming to Blyton with us
If you havnt already spunked out on suspension then i'd get your FMIC fitted instead, again this will help on the track
Im also suffering with 16804 and have been for the last 5ish months, just trying to find time to log it and confirm its a knackered lambda
Brakes are my priority and will be fitted ASAP as there well past there best. I'm desperately trying to get them fitted and bedded in for Blyton. I also want to fit the FMIC as you say and the strut brace for then.
I'm waiting to see how much my PPI saving scheme is worth. I'm hoping that is going to pay for a big chunk of if not all of the suspension work.
I really need to sort out the code as my MPG isn't great at the moment.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Love this mate, and the plans sound ace.

Good to see the Silverstone mud is still nice & deep:happy:

Thanks for the comments. Yes and I only just got the mud off my car this weekend:fool:. I hate cleaning cars but I should of done it sooner. The plans also have to fit around moving to a bigger house and a wife and two kids but I'll get there. It's about time I saw a project through :whistle:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Defo as Ronin has said, make sure brakes are 100% before laying a tyre on the track.

It is the most important thing of course. You really don't want brake fade to kick in.

Reduce your chances of it happening, use the best fluid and best pads you an afford with great discs.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.