My LCR. 330mm brakes,wheels,KW Clubsports, Quaife ATB, stage 2 map booked.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
It's only just happened recently. It caps boost at 5/6psi for a short while. Looks like I'll have to get remapped!

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Sorry for the crap photos as its hard to see gloss black wheels with no sun light! Plus they're iPhone photos!

A big thanks to John @ etyres. If your in Lincolnshire and want new tyre give John a ring. He's a top chap and I would trust anyone else with my new wheels! He takes a lot of time and care with his work a true proffesional 07545 425843.
null_zps0722aaa3.jpg

null_zps87615b09.jpg

null_zps7659caf9.jpg

null_zps37ecca89.jpg

I'll try and get some more photos when/if its ever sunny this summer.

Last edited:

RyanG

I love the way your going about things with this, instead of just mapping it with no thought of anything else.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Power and handling is even more fun ;)

This will be a top overall car when it's got the power to go with the rest of what you're building. I like cars tuned like this, not skipping the handling mods and just getting a remap and calling it a day. I can fully vouch for pushing an LCR into fast sweeping country road bends and having a flat cornering car with bundles of torque to really have some fun. Diffs proper help you get that power down than understeering your way out near to a curb on the exit, they just pull you through cleanly don't they :)

The wheels look good mate. Black looks best against yellow or the red LCR's imo. On the Godspeed two piece discs, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on. That's a good price, and from what I remember is far cheaper than the Badger5 two piece kit? Correct me if I'm wrong though. My mate locally who works for a good independent garage has the Badger5 two piece kit and really rates it. He has been nudging me to do it for a year. I ended up just replacing the single piece discs for EBC in the end but don't think I will next time.

Last edited:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I've bought so Kw Clubsports with adjustable top mounts. It could do with going lower but I don't want it to be hard work to drive!

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Power and handling is even more fun ;)

This will be a top overall car when it's got the power to go with the rest of what you're building. I like cars tuned like this, not skipping the handling mods and just getting a remap and calling it a day. I can fully vouch for pushing an LCR into fast sweeping country road bends and having a flat cornering car with bundles of torque to really have some fun. Diffs proper help you get that power down than understeering your way out near to a curb on the exit, they just pull you through cleanly don't they :)

The wheels look good mate. Black looks best against yellow or the red LCR's imo. On the Godspeed two piece discs, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on. That's a good price, and from what I remember is far cheaper than the Badger5 two piece kit? Correct me if I'm wrong though. My mate locally who works for a good independent garage has the Badger5 two piece kit and really rates it. He has been nudging me to do it for a year. I ended up just replacing the single piece discs for EBC in the end but don't think I will next time.

Thanks Tom a cars got to handle and stop well for me more than have the power.
The wheels don't look bad but I bought them for the weight saving more than anything else.

Love the wheels mate, coilovers will finish the look for sure :D
Thanks can't wait to get them fitted!

Haha not hanging about then lol!

Looking forward to it all coming together, what's the plan? Track, fast road toy etc?
Thanks Barn I've spent more lately than I should of! It'll probably stay as a road car but you never know.

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
You really are doing some great work on this. Will be a weapon once complete, keep it up dude :)

Although I wish everyone would stop buying new wheels :( I want some :cry:

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
You really are doing some great work on this. Will be a weapon once complete, keep it up dude :)

Although I wish everyone would stop buying new wheels :( I want some :cry:

Thanks Rich. It doesn't look much but it going to be all going on under the skin. It looks no where as good as your car does.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I finally got around to removing the front bumper and replacing the broken grills.
null_zpsdb7d4703.jpg

New grills bonded on
null_zps6e8971bc.jpg

null_zpsf0bf4a8d.jpg

I managed to pull the wing out and refit the bumper so it looks ok. So that's new S badge and grill, new grills either side of the S badge, new fog light grills and new splitter all fitted.
I'm still struggling to get a decent photo of the wheels, this is as good as I can't get it!
null_zps349488fc.jpg

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
This car is a great LCR example, you will love the drive home. Should get the power down well too with the mounts and coilies. Can you ask Alex if he still has a deal on those mounts please.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
This car is a great LCR example, you will love the drive home. Should get the power down well too with the mounts and coilies. Can you ask Alex if he still has a deal on those mounts please.

Thanks that's high praise. Alex ordered two sets extra that he still has not sold. You need to buy a set!
Oh hello handling!! :)

Good work going on here. Enjoy the drive home mate.

Thanks Tom. I had a good drive home but gave the back roads a miss as I was shattered. A WRX tried it on around a round about but it didn't stand a chance.

It feels like a different car now, a big thumbs up to Alex he certainly knows his stuff.
I'll add a little more when I've had some thing to eat and digested the day. :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.