My LCR. 330mm brakes,wheels,KW Clubsports, Quaife ATB, stage 2 map booked.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
LCR has braided hoses as standard. They're wrapped in black plastic/rubber but they are braided.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
LCR has braided hoses as standard. They're wrapped in black plastic/rubber but they are braided.

When I asked Awsome for a price they said they dont do a kit as the LCR came with them? Bill gave me a quote for a pair? I'm lost (which isn't hard):shrug:
As for colour, the Yellow is growing on me. I wish I hadn't written the list now it seemed doable in my head!

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Pretty sure the first time I read that the LCR has braided lines was in one of Bills posts. Maybe he sells different/higher-spec ones. It's not something you read of a lot of folk on here doing tbh.

Rome wasn't built in a day mate, it's taken me 2.5 years to get mine where it is now!

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I asked Bill about his braided lines. His kit replaces the front two only and he makes them for his big break conversions. Ideally I'd like to replace all for but have read that some of the kits don't fit to well.
The breaks again have been put on hold due the the springs braking on the sofa so that needed replacing. Oh and it's road tax time. £270 a year! £270 for what? It's just some faux environment tax to pay off the det the banks have left us in. Don't get me started on fuel duty!!!!
Also trying to sort out a date with my Dad to fit the Wellycooler. Ant tips on fitting it especially bumper removal and replacement would be very welcome.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Pretty much the same but remove the arch liners and take the guides off with the bumper as itsd much easier to get off and back on again
Are you still coming to the Blyton park trackday?

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
Pretty much the same but remove the arch liners and take the guides off with the bumper as itsd much easier to get off and back on again

^^^great tip for bumper removal / refit...need to refit mine after bodging it back on in a hurry.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln

Thanks for the tips it's the bumper removal, refit I'm not looking forward to!
Yes will be at Blyton. Need to get the breaks sorted if all goes to plan. If not I'll be coming as a spectator. Should be fun.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
^^^great tip for bumper removal / refit...need to refit mine after bodging it back on in a hurry.

Did you find it easy to do other than the refit?

As far as pipe work for the FMIC does this sound right?:
45 deg 76mm to 63mm silicone from the cooler.
Then 45 deg 63mm alloy bend.
Then 90 deg 63mm silicone to join up with map pipe passenger side.
90 deg 63mm silicone then 63mm alloy joiner to join up to boost pipe hose?

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Thanks for that it's help full. If anyone else wants any info on this cooler set up here are a few links I've been reading.
They do the pipe work different over on ASN http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/75425-ah-fab-ebay-forge-s3-fmic-image-heavy.html
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=350372
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=353162#
Along with the above fitting guild and Dolbys guild I hope I've got it covered! I'm leaving myself a hole weekend to fit it as don't want to rush.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I asked Bill about his braided lines. His kit replaces the front two only and he makes them for his big break conversions. Ideally I'd like to replace all for but have read that some of the kits don't fit to well.
The breaks again have been put on hold due the the springs braking on the sofa so that needed replacing. Oh and it's road tax time. £270 a year! £270 for what? It's just some faux environment tax to pay off the det the banks have left us in. Don't get me started on fuel duty!!!!
Also trying to sort out a date with my Dad to fit the Wellycooler. Ant tips on fitting it especially bumper removal and replacement would be very welcome.

LCR front brake lines are braided as standard, they're just wrapped in some black plastic/rubber stuff. Not sure about the rears but they don't do a lot anyway so personally I wouldn't bother.

I hear you on the fuel duty, had to cough up for mine in July. I wouldn't mind if the roads were smooth, well maintained and grippy :)

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
So it'll be Wellycooler fitting this weekend. I realised last weekend that I'd ordered 45 deg 63mm alloy joiners rather that 90 deg:doh:. So I ordered the 90 deg joiners on Monday over the phone. The chap said they'd be with me the next day but they still havnt arrived. Fingers crossed they be hear in time.
I've also ordered 90 deg 1/2 BSP connecters and hose for the oil cooler from deamon tweaks. Excellent service as usuall from them and they did arrive next day as promised! I'm going to plumb it in at a later date but thought I may as well fit it while the bumper is off.
Looking forward to finally be doing something on my car. Spare money and time seem to be at a premium at the moment. My little girl started school last week she'll probably going to uni by the time I get coilovers fitted!!!:cry:

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
And they say uni is more expensive than it was when I went a few years ago... gulp... hahah :)

What coilovers do you have in mind? There's a good selection of coilovers available for our cars which seem to give a good ride for budget money. The Weitecs seem to get very good reviews.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
I'm thinking Wietec's or KW V1. George 3G has tempted me with an excellent price. Unfortunately every time I save the money up its needed for something else. We really need to move house as well. Also need new brakes desperately puls new front tyers. How do I manage to go through tyers so fast? I blame it on the diff:D

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
My 90 deg beaded alloy joiners arrived from Mr Silicon today. Except they turned up as 90 deg un beaded stainless steal... Bollocks.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Extra work! It's the second time they've sent me the wrong thing. I wouldn't use them again but there prices are so good. Glad you enjoyed Blyton, I can't wait to get on track.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.