My LCR. 330mm brakes,wheels,KW Clubsports, Quaife ATB, stage 2 map booked.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
you could get some JB Weld and apply the bead yourself, if you're keen to move forward :)

Thanks for the tip how long does it take to set? Spoke to my Dad and he's got a few ideas one of them is doing the beading with the welder. It's about time I had a go at welding. :D

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Extra work! It's the second time they've sent me the wrong thing. I wouldn't use them again but there prices are so good. Glad you enjoyed Blyton, I can't wait to get on track.

Only problem with the piping being stainless is its retention of heat in comparison to aluminium as well as the different expansion rate, should be ok if you have enough silicon joins though
You still bring the bbq in a few weeks time?

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Thanks for the tip how long does it take to set? Spoke to my Dad and he's got a few ideas one of them is doing the beading with the welder. It's about time I had a go at welding. :D

It has a complete cure time of two hours. Just make sure you give the pipe a good key before to ensure good contact. If you have access to a welder, then of course that would be better :)

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Only problem with the piping being stainless is its retention of heat in comparison to aluminium as well as the different expansion rate, should be ok if you have enough silicon joins though
You still bring the bbq in a few weeks time?

It weighs a lot more in comparison as well. Oh well it's getting fitted this weekend whatever!
Yeah I'll bring the BBQ charcoal few burgers sausages etc. Will there be some where there we can BBQ? Gutted I won't be in a position to take my car on track:cry:. Hopefully I'll be able to have a passenger ride;).

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
It has a complete cure time of two hours. Just make sure you give the pipe a good key before to ensure good contact. If you have access to a welder, then of course that would be better :)

Thanks it's an option. The Stainless is only 1 mm thick so I'm a bit worried about burning through it when welding.
Can't wait to get it fitted.

Bignod00

Nov 9, 2009
Lincoln/40,000 ft.
It weighs a lot more in comparison as well. Oh well it's getting fitted this weekend whatever!
Yeah I'll bring the BBQ charcoal few burgers sausages etc. Will there be some where there we can BBQ? Gutted I won't be in a position to take my car on track:cry:. Hopefully I'll be able to have a passenger ride;).
Dude, sorry to hijack your thread but what are the details of your guys trackday again? May come along that's all!?:)

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Well just got everything ready for tomorrow
0C557785-A33C-45D5-8770-9587DC1F4129-535-0000014BB51755A9.jpg

The plan is the Wellycooler, oil cooler (not the pumbing though), LED side lights and re paint the front Brembos. I'll post up parts list and fitting guilds as I go.

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Well just got everything ready for tomorrow
0C557785-A33C-45D5-8770-9587DC1F4129-535-0000014BB51755A9.jpg

The plan is the Wellycooler, oil cooler (not the pumbing though), LED side lights and re paint the front Brembos. I'll post up parts list and fitting guilds as I go.

I will be very interested in seeing this as that's the set up I'm going for!!

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln

Just noticed your in Lincolnshire. Where are you based?

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Assembling the parts and fitting my intercooler was probably one of the most enjoyable jobs I've done on my car, so enjoy it :)

I'm based at Cranwell.

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Cool we've been trying to get a local meet going if you're interested?
Just taken some photos of pipe work etc. Photobucket let's me up load them and then they don't appear in the folder!!! Grrrr

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Photobucket does my head in at times. I email mine now seems to work better and saves me syncing my phone to the computer!

ReDBull

Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
Still can't use photobucket!!!! Things are going well. My Dad is just making brackets up. I'm spraying the calipers while the wheels are off. I've got loads of photos to boar you with. Where not rushing so I would think we'll be finished tomorrow.
Also while the wheels are off I've notice the front Tyres are down the the canvas on the inside edges. That'll be a phone call to Etyers on Monday morning for two new F1 Asermetric 2's.