My LCR Platinum Grey Few Mods

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
A few mods i have done since owning the car for 3 months. Alot more to come inc FMIC, Big turbo and engine rebuild, drilled discs, miltek exhaust system, anti roll bars, strut brace.

Remaped
Refurbed Gloss black standard LCR wheels
THS Turbo Intake Pipe
Polished manifold and charge pipe
Audi R8 Oil Cap
6000k HID Headlights and Fog lights
Forge 007P D.V
Nomad A Pillar Gauge Pod and Gauge
Jamex Sportline Coilovers
N249 Bypass modification
K & n Panel Filter
Powerflex Dog Bone Mount
Aero Wipers
Audi TT pedal set
Fabia rear wiper
4 Bar FPR
Ferodo DS2500
Small plate
Small roof aerial
New clutch + flywheel

Heres a few pics hope you like..

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

any comments and suggestions welcome.

Last edited:

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
That looks very nice! Best colour! Making me wish I got my wheels done in black! Can I ask a stupid question? :blink:

Does your R8 oil cap stand a little “proud” compared to the standard one?

Mine does!:(

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
Yes my r8 oil cap does. but if nobody has seen the one before than hardly noticeable. i modded mine mysef to fit facing the correct way.

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
Yes my r8 oil cap does. but if nobody has seen the one before than hardly noticeable. i modded mine mysef to fit facing the correct way.

You modded the oil cap to fit the right way? :blink:

It fits the right way anyway! I think you were putting it in wrong! lol:lol:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Very nice car mate and it sounds like you have good plans for it.

Have you comitted to buying new discs or are you open to suggestions.
I went the EDC Ulitimax disc and DS2500 pads route, I wouldn't again.
If you don't want too much expense but you want to improve on the OEM set up I would buy the Brembo discs and fit with DS2500 pads, If your keen on getting a **** hot set up but don't want to spend too much look into Badger 5's 2 piece disc with DS2500 pads set up. This will give you the extra stopping power you will need for your BT set up.

For ARB's I would go with the R32 23mm front and 28mm Neuspeed rear ARB and the S3 strutt brace. This will save you a bit of cash as the VW and Audi part are a good bit cheaper than there Aftermarket replacements are.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
If you want new disc's then P.M seremotors he is by far the cheapest supplier of 323mm Brembos. You can then get them grooved

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
Ok a few questions to answer, the THS intake pipe hasnt arrived yet but i am very pleased with there customer care already and have heard good things from the pipe so i can only imagine thats going to be good.

I havnt decided on the pads/discs set up yet although i would like something drilled or grooved when i do replace. the discs and standard brembo at the moment and were replaced at seat before i had the car all round at a cost of £750 pads and discs all round.

The jamex coilovers are superb i must say the ride quality isnt far from standard, it isnt bouncey at all or hard. its very much like standard and i cant believe how good the ride is for the price of them £280-300. i had a set on my mk4 golf and were also good on that so i went that route again. i may higher the rear a bit but it looks to be sitting pretty level atm all round not too low but not too high.

The audi r8 oil cap depends on where you get it from, eg awesome gti have already modified theres to sit the correct way around, on the r8 the engine must sit in different and the oil cap faces the side. if you have brought it from the dealer which i did to save a few quid it isnt modified and has to be taken apart (very easy) it clips apart, use a stanley knife and cut around 6 grooves and clip it back in so the top is rotated around a bit so it faces foward.

Also what would be any benefit of grooved or drilled discs? would the pads wear down quicker?

i think i am going to fit a rear anti roll bar and a top strut brace to the front. i will leave the standard arb. is there a top s3 strut brace which is standard then or?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Grooved disc's help to prevent the pad from glazing over which causes brake fade,
You can get disc's grooved for about £50 per pair.
The Audi S3 front strutt brace will fit the LCR, you just have to drill the holes for the bolts.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Grooved disc's help to prevent the pad from glazing over which causes brake fade,
You can get disc's grooved for about £50 per pair.
The Audi S3 front strutt brace will fit the LCR, you just have to drill the holes for the bolts.

As above
The pads will wear down quicker than without the grooves but the DS2500 are track/road spec so are hard to begin with. These pads won't wear down faster than the discs.
But these will work better for longer and give you consistantly good braking even under much abuse

lofer

Atlantis to Interzone
Apr 11, 2007
Holbeach
The audi r8 oil cap depends on where you get it from, eg awesome gti have already modified theres to sit the correct way around, on the r8 the engine must sit in different and the oil cap faces the side. if you have brought it from the dealer which i did to save a few quid it isnt modified and has to be taken apart (very easy) it clips apart, use a stanley knife and cut around 6 grooves and clip it back in so the top is rotated around a bit so it faces foward.

Oh sorry. I got mine off bay (£18 new,in genuine box) and fitted and didn't think anything more of it!

Sorry buddy!:)

cupra_poolie

Oct 25, 2008
Hartlepool
looking sweet mate. Just wondering where you got your HID's from. Im after upgrading now but theres so many thread on HID's i cant find the best place

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise