My lcr progress so far...

cupra_r_04

cupra_r_04
Apr 8, 2008
Ireland
After having my 04 LCR for over a year.I finally decided to get the finger out and stick up a post and a few pic's of it up here.I bought the car in Inverness in Scotland with a few small mod's done to it and 38,000 miles.I have added gradually to these mod's over the last year to get it ready for a REVO Stage 2 and a K04 hybrid turbo upgrade.Anyway enough talk here is a list of the mod's i have done to it and a we picture's:

Full Seat Service History

Has AC, EW, ABS, Traction Control, Trip Computer, Cat 1 alarm, Brembo breaks and 18' alloys as standard.

Mods:

Engine:
4 Bar fuel pressure regulator
Alloy Header Tank
BMC CDA carbon induction
Forge DV007p Recirc dump valve
Magnex Stainless de-cat
Magnex stainless exhaust 6x4
Polished Inlet manifold
Polished Turbo Charge Pipe
Polly bush dogbone mount
Stainless steel Washer reservoir
Forge Front Mount Intercooler and Silicone hose's
SACH'S Organic Clutch and JABBASPORT SMF
NGK Iridium Plugs

Suspension:
KW V3 Coilovers
H&R 15mm Rear Spacers

Exterior:
Aero wipers (retro fit)
De-chromed Grill Surround
Honda S2000 aerial
Official Ring badge
Silvertec Indicator Bulbs
Scoda Fabia Rear Wiper (smooth)

Tires:
GOODYEAR Eagle F1 Asymatric's
EBC ULTIMAX Disc's and FERODO DS2500's

Im sure i have forgotten a few thing's but that's most of them.I have a set of Xenon's 8000k and some more silicone hose's ordered for the N249 bypass.Must get around to gettin a boost gauge aswell.Here are a few pic's of when i bought it and a few random pic's aswell:

Cupra2.jpg

Cupra3.jpg

Cupra4.jpg

Cupra5.jpg

Cupra6.jpg

On the roller's at Westward eng in Jan:
cuprarolling4.jpg

cuprarolling1.jpg

cuprarolling2.jpg

cuprarolling3.jpg

I'll get more picture's of the parts i have put into it and a few before and after detailing picture's up later,must download them of my camera first.

cupra_r_04

cupra_r_04
Apr 8, 2008
Ireland
Cheer's.I was looking for the right 1 for ages and this came up so i had to grab it.I havn't done much to it really,saving for the hybrid and a few other bit's and piece's

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Know what you mean. Took me ages to get mine!!

Start waving goodbye to your cash as this car will definately be draining a few dollars. Then we can all say you are officially part of the family.....:p

cupra_r_04

cupra_r_04
Apr 8, 2008
Ireland
Know what you mean. Took me ages to get mine!!

Start waving goodbye to your cash as this car will definately be draining a few dollars. Then we can all say you are officially part of the family.....:p

My hard is sore from putting it in my pocket so much and waving goodbye to my cash.The clutch and flywheel kit and fmic cost me 1400 alone and thats excluding fitting it.l:p.You got much done to your's?

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
My hard is sore from putting it in my pocket so much and waving goodbye to my cash.The clutch and flywheel kit and fmic cost me 1400 alone and thats excluding fitting it.l:p.You got much done to your's?

Not yet, slowly been getting things together but havn't really had the time to fit stuff so everythings sitting in my house at the moment. (Not going down well with the family :lol:) Got the car when I was 21 so the maintenence of the car and insurance have taken there toll on me till now. Next year I have alot planned however!!!

cupra_r_04

cupra_r_04
Apr 8, 2008
Ireland
Not yet, slowly been getting things together but havn't really had the time to fit stuff so everythings sitting in my house at the moment. (Not going down well with the family :lol:) Got the car when I was 21 so the maintenence of the car and insurance have taken there toll on me till now. Next year I have alot planned however!!!

Your waiting to see how good santa is to you so?? :D.same as me.How much was your insurance?

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
:cartman:...something like that mate. First years insurance was just under £1,400 which was really good considering the rediculous qoutes I was getting. 21, without any no claims and insurance on a group 17 car on my name - not bad me thinks. Insurance is up for renewal next month, shall see what the damage is!!

So whats next with your car then mate?

cupra_r_04

cupra_r_04
Apr 8, 2008
Ireland
:cartman:...something like that mate. First years insurance was just under £1,400 which was really good considering the rediculous qoutes I was getting. 21, without any no claims and insurance on a group 17 car on my name - not bad me thinks. Insurance is up for renewal next month, shall see what the damage is!!

So whats next with your car then mate?

I'm saving up to get a hybrid K04 and a stage 2 REVO remap.but before i get that done im getting a new induction kit and more silicone hoes's nd a dv relocation kit.and anything else that catches my eye. :D

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
nice one bud, have to say V3s are a good choice, they transformed the car...anyway, how you finding the BMC? i have one also but after having it for a while now you can feel its still a bit restrictive. if i was going stage 2 or higher i would get shot of it and get an green open cone filter..

btw i wanted a black R too but they are sooo hard to keep clean

cupra_r_04

cupra_r_04
Apr 8, 2008
Ireland
nice one bud, have to say V3s are a good choice, they transformed the car...anyway, how you finding the BMC? i have one also but after having it for a while now you can feel its still a bit restrictive. if i was going stage 2 or higher i would get shot of it and get an green open cone filter..

btw i wanted a black R too but they are sooo hard to keep clean

There was H&R's on it when I bought it but I decided to get the V3's.Since I fitted them there is no comparision between them.KW are a far better build.Ya I find the BMC v restrictive alright,going to change it to a powerflow open cone or else a JABBASPORT open cone.What type are you thinking of getting?black is hard to keep clean but stone-chips are the biggest problem.I'm ashamed to say aswell that it hasn't been washed in 2 months,havnt got the time.Must get around to detailing it for the winter.I have a few pic's from the last time I did it,I'll post them up later.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
im looking at the powerflow or jabba also...(good choices)...but at the mo im in no rush to go big power, the thing with SEAT back is they use white primer so you can see the chips miles away...that put me off.

good thing bout my colour is i can go all winter without washing and it still dont look no different...but on the flipside- when its clean it doesnt look drastically different either haha..

cupra_r_04

cupra_r_04
Apr 8, 2008
Ireland
Here are a few pic's of my R after a bit of detailing a few months back.I hope to get it all done again before the winter set's in.Any tips on what is best to use for the winter are all welcome.Cheer's

BEFORE:

cupraclean2.jpg

cupraclean3.jpg

cupraclean1.jpg

AFTER:
cupraclean15.jpg

cupraclean5.jpg

cuprar13.jpg

cuprar8.jpg

cuprar7.jpg

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Nice bit of detailing you have done there mate. I know how much of a pain it is to get a black car gleeming, my bro has a black S3..............:banghead: Still he helps me do nearly every mod on my car so it's all good :D

tedvagas

Nov 5, 2006
cleveland
Nice 1 mate,Do you have your's lowered much?

Sorry ive not reply'd

yeah i just fitted weitec gt coilovers so its down about 20m more than standard , i had it lower but the rear wheel starts to move forward to much so after lots of tweaking i got i right for my style ;) ive being busy changing all the bushes ,topmounts trackrods etc after that i will do the spacers:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.