My LCR Since '05 with Static+ Front Air Lift - Project Gone to a New Home.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Sorry I meant it more in the context of the which brakes discussion. Brakes are one area where you should pay that little more as the Godspeed have proved. That's way I'm unsure of the K sports?
Any way sorry to derail your thread. You've made a good choice with the Brembo's.

From my searches, it's become evident to me that it's harder to find fitment for PCD 5x100 when searching for higher end discs. For a PCD 5x112, it's been easier to source a good range but I suppose the new generation of VAG cars are commonly using these now. I can only hope that with a quality set of bells and them being perfectly balanced, they should serve me very well with what else I've sourced.

The Brembos are nice Paul. Very light given their size, and with compatible piston sizes so I should get a good feel through the peddle :)

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Went to the Classic Car Show on Friday. Was a pretty good show, and always some top cars there. Whilst there I bought a battery trickle charger for the car. I've wanted one for ages and it seems to be a neat bit of kit. What I like about the most is that you can attach a cable/ plug the terminals and simply plug it in to the main unit as and when. No need to keep removing the battery cover :)

My new favourite wheel... It was fitted to a 1973 Beetle which was sat on the Meguiars show case stand. Just amazing detail.

null_zps25a17d08.jpg

I've been stealing the odd hour to begin stripping the paint from the Brembos, which is now complete.

null_zps27763b5f.jpg

null_zpsce1f2003.jpg

They've been masked up and are ready for paint :D They should look nice when they're finished and finally fitted to the car... Nothing more exciting going on unfortunately...

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
Jesus you have done a good job stripping those!

Then again you never seem to be happy with anything less than perfection so I'm not surprised lol

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Jesus you have done a good job stripping those!

Then again you never seem to be happy with anything less than perfection so I'm not surprised lol

Not too much effort tbh. Used a few sizes of wire wheel attached to a drill - not too abrasive, and then smoothed the mould lines out as well as the leading face. With paint, you can never prep too much. Hopefully it'll give me good bite and using 2k paint will give me the durability. Looking forward to using my DevilBiss spray gun :D

Good work there James, shame you can't polish them up and have them chrome :( Wouldn't be practical though lol

You can't beat Brembos in red! Surprisingly the paint code is Fiat Red of all manufactures...

sunilbass

Jan 12, 2007
lesta
sorry james if you have already mentioned this but have you got the caliper brackets? im in search for some with the same size discs.. any help would be appreciated

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Slow progress as always with a little one in toe, but I've finally managed to finish all the prep on the Brembo 6 pot calipers. Primed in Upol Acid Etch Primer and flattened with 1200 grit Wet & Dry in places which needed it. Really pleased with how they've come out - should really show off the base coat well.

null_zps84b57a85.jpg

null_zpsa79d7e92.jpg

null_zpse19d4f39.jpg

I've managed to source the correct paint code for Brembo red in 2k; Fiat Red 100. Next stop base coat... :)

Not sure what to do about the transfers though :shrug: I'm probably going to use the same decals as used on the LCR 4 pots. I just don't want them to look too bold and out of place, as they usually have Porsche written on them...

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Agree on the decals - I'd just have the original ones on them.

Good work as always mate. :)

joehirth

Rate me up baby
Apr 19, 2010
Woking, Surrey
www.facebook.com
Nice restoration on the Brembo's. I remember trying to strip the standard paint off mine. It was painful, saying that I didn't use the same technique as you.

Sexy brakes though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Seal_LCR

Jun 4, 2012
Redditch
i put black decals on my brembos but ended up putting them to standard as they looked like someone had just stuck them on normal calipers if you know what i mean

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
For reference should anyone find it of use...

jmcuprar said:
Hi mate, just seen your guide to debaffling the charge pipe on the lcr. Is it necessary to replace the sleeving with a piece of metal tube? I noticed you haven't done so and was wondering if it will cause any problems? Thanks very much. James

Hi, I did that mod a few years back before Forge did a debaffled charge pipe. I didn't sleeve it and it has caused no tubulance or stalling of the turbine - no problems at all - little more of a whistle noise from the tubby but no real performance gains, that i noticed. Tbh, I would just buy the Forge part now that they are readily available, if you're wanting a debaffled pipe. I hope this helps?

Many thanks.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.