My LCR Since '05 with Static+ Front Air Lift - Project Gone to a New Home.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
FJ03 LLP has gone to a new home....

Well, not the way I ever expected this project to go, but due to an amazing opportunity to work overseas and relocate the family with me, the decision had been made to sell the car - a car I thought I'd always have. Cons of long term storage (3-5 yrs) for me was simply down to the car requiring a lot of attention upon my return. The car still required a re spray, which I would have loved to have seen done by Jake, a new exhaust and other bits and pieces, and for the amount that it would have realistically cost, in addition to storage fees, I knew that I could put the money towards better uses upon our return. Whatever, I'll definitely be looking for a new project when we get back :)

I was very flattered to have had a couple of serious offers on the car, but in the end it came down to who was prepared to undertake an incomplete non-running project immediately. Time was also a factor as our house is being packed up and shipped very soon, and I simply didn't have the time to sort the car, with being away with work a lot recently. The ABS module needed purging, brakes re-bleeding and fine-tuning, the exhaust needed replacing and it required an MOT and Minor Service.

A friend of Adam Farrington's, Leon Davey, now owns the car. It left my house on an AA flatbed, which was about as depressing as it could get. I know it's gone to an enthusiast, and I'm sure you'll see it at the shows rocking its new guise - I'm very envious already!

Before the car went, I did complete the hardline install, but didn't get chance to get any pictures, as the car went much sooner than expected. As a first attempt of hard lining and pipe bending, I was pretty pleased with the outcome. Maybe Leon will stick a picture or two up if he puts together a thread.

#Edit# Thanks Adam for the pic :)

4F3B43D7-C359-4212-A5E2-2152B38C16CB_zpsbifsiibt.jpg

Closing Spec:

Interior:
Recaro 2+2 rare bucket seats.
Matching Recaro front and rear arm rests.
225-edition steering wheel.
Replacement LCR gear knob in ’09.
225 refurbed floor mats.
Custom mounted Road Angel Sat Nav.
Custom mounted Static+ airlift gauge and switch in centre console.
10-inch Kicker Subwoofer, home made non-ported box and Rockford Fosgate amp. Fused amp cabling with on/off switch located in glove box.
Connects2 iPod interface for the OEM stereo along with a Dension ice>Link Plus
Custom built 3-piece false floor showing LCR air compressor set-up.

Exterior:
225-edition teardrop wing mirrors with black covers.
Mk4 Golf Bosch Aero wipers (front).
Rear wiper delete using tinted glass insert.
Honda S2000 aerial.
New genuine Seat front splitter.
6000K HIDs, LED side lights and number plate lights.
Road legal pressed plates.

Chassis:
Front - 18z 6-pot calipers, mated with Forge 2-piece 356mm x 32mm 6-grooved discs, Pagid Cayenne pads, HEL lines. All new parts minus calipers, which were rebuilt with new seals and rubbers in summer 2014.
H&R 5 mm hubcentric spacers with extended wheel bolts on the front.
KW V1 Coilovers mated with Stance.Solutions Static+ Airlift kit. Viair compressor. 2g Airlift tank.
Powerflex complete wish bone bush kit.
New OE top mount bushes and bearings.
Mahle track rod arms.
Audi S3 front upper strut brace re-sprayed matt black.
Subframe shot blasted, etched primed, stone chipped and lacquered.
R32 23mm FARB with Powerflex bushes. Again, restored.
Arches re-stone chipped, painted, and new arch liners fitted, along with new fixings.
Powerflex DogBone mount.

Rear - original calipers. 330x 28mm 2-piece Godspeed discs (using matching Forge bolt pattern as per fronts), mated with Brand new Brembo pads. New copper brake lines installed.
KW rear coil overs with refinished springs, new polished top mounts.
H&R 10mm hubcentric spacers with extended wheel bolts on the rear.
ECS Rear Wheel Centering Plates.
Rear beam shot blasted, etch primed, stone chipped and painted.
Powerflex Rear Beam bushes.
Neuspeed 26mm RARB, again restored new stickers and fitted with polished drop links.
VW Golf Mk 4 rear upper strut brace again sprayed matt black.
Arches re-stone chipped, painted, and new arch liners fitted, along with new fixings.

Other - Avon 225/40 tyres on all four alloys. The spare 18’ LCR alloy has the original Pirelli P Zero Rosso tyre that has never been used.
Wheel refurbishment, finished in 2K BMW silver.
New Seat centre alloy badges.

Engine Bay:
B5 3" TIP with 2 yr old Bosch MAF.
Forge cold-side dump valve relocation kit.
Forge hot-side silicone hose.
Forge silicone hosing for FMIC set-up.
OE Recirc Valve.
Forge chrome strut caps.
Forge short shift kit.
42-Design solid bushing kit.
Audi R8 (VW converted) oil cap.
Audi R8 (VW converted) water coolant pipe.
BMC CDA outer casing with a Green Cotton dual cone filter, attached to a twin air-feed set up. Fog lights deleted.
Universal FMIC. I think the dimensions are 550x225x64MM core with 64mm inlet/outlets.
Matt black painted battery cover with carbon wrapped fuse box.
ECS carbon fibre engine cover.
ECS carbon fibre inlet manifold cover.
Custom made carbon fibre washer bottle surround.
Forge washer bottle cap.
Polished charge pipe brackets.
Polished debaffled charge pipe.
Polished inlet manifold with NewSouth Power gasket.
Polished throttle body with WhanAB billet throttle body cover.
Polished Rocker Cover with new gasket.
Polished Fuel rail with wire delete.
2.0L TFSI coil pack conversion with ECS spacers, NGK spark plugs and coil harness cover.
WhanAB dip stick SS handle
034 Motorsport oil catch can with 19mm hosing and 12an fittings
Seat rubber bonnet seal (I can’t remember the correct name).
Complete SS nut/bolt kit and other fittings.
N249 delete with B5 resister.

And a final picture as it was ready to go...

imagejpg3_zps671a004e.jpg

I've really enjoyed being a part of SCN and owning the car. As a project lasting 10 yrs and covering 80,000 faultless miles, I've learned so much by getting my hands dirty, and those experiences will undoubtedly aid me with future projects.

Best wishes to all,

James Parkin.

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Great project and a shame to see it go. However never pass up on a great opportunity. I am sure there will be more cars in the future.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
It's gone to a good home mate, I will make sure he looks after it.

He already has some new wheels and an exhaust on order for it so should be back on the road by the end of the month :thumbup:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
End of an era... but the start of a new one! I am happy for you with your opportunity to work overseas mate and make a better life for your family. You can always crack on to a new project another time which I'm sure you will :)

Hope Leon gets a build thread going, would love to see how the LCR turns out and hope it makes some shows. He's got an absolute cracker of a car.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
I've enjoyed following your progress and seeing your borderline obsessive attention to detail :p

All the best with the move and working overseas, make sure you let us know when you start up a new project!

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Can't believe this has gone, hopefully the new owner will take of her just as well as you have. It was only yesterday I struggled to find this RR as I've just bought the same front brakes as you and wanted a read on how you fitted them. Amazing LCR.

spork

Feb 22, 2015
Will eventually make a post to follow on from this. Lets just hope i can keep up the quality of the work james has put into this. Lots of changes happened already.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk
Just thought I'd put a message up having looked through a few RRs. Great to see projects moving forward in very different ways. Very envious of each and every one of you :cry:

I've been following Spork on FB and Instagram. Great to see that the car is moving forward. A few hiccups along the way (sorry Leon) but it's looking better than I could have hoped for.

Hopefully Spork will follow on from this RR with some updates ;)

Same for Adam Farrington... Quiet times mean changes so what's going on buddy ;)

The Cyprus sun is mega by the way. Lots of nice motors surprisingly. Already thinking about new projects following the discovery that I can buy tax-free cars out here, along with Forces discount, so that's a 29% saving on a new from factory car!!! I'll enjoy this browsing period :)

Best wishes to all :)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Just thought I'd put a message up having looked through a few RRs. Great to see projects moving forward in very different ways. Very envious of each and every one of you :cry:

I've been following Spork on FB and Instagram. Great to see that the car is moving forward. A few hiccups along the way (sorry Leon) but it's looking better than I could have hoped for.

Hopefully Spork will follow on from this RR with some updates ;)

Same for Adam Farrington... Quiet times mean changes so what's going on buddy ;)

The Cyprus sun is mega by the way. Lots of nice motors surprisingly. Already thinking about new projects following the discovery that I can buy tax-free cars out here, along with Forces discount, so that's a 29% saving on a new from factory car!!! I'll enjoy this browsing period :)

Best wishes to all :)

Quiet times because I've been working on this thing :cartman::cartman: Will look even better soon, boot build for airride is being done this week.

Nothing has changed on my car ....... Yet :D

Glad your enjoying Cyprus, what cars are you looking at?

rockson

Nov 9, 2014
Slovenia
After it took me about two weeks to get thru the whole thread, it made me kind of sad to discover, that the car was sold. :( If I was ever to come to GB, this was the car I'd love to see in flesh and you the person I would love to get to know.

On the other hand I understand your decision, since it was a major step in you career and life - my respect. :yes:

I can't believe with how much precision, determination and patience you build your car. The car was a real tribute to you and your amazing work. I loved everything you have done to it, apart from the brakes, but only because there was no real need for them. But since it was something you wanted and the car was more show oriented it was fine. I loved the fact, that you kept it OEM+.

Thank you for all the detailed posts, which I'm sure were already helpful to other members and will be in many years to come.

I have a Mk1 cupra, with very low mileage (just under 40k), which had been in the family since new. I can only hope I can keep it in mint condition and get it OEM+ in years to come. Although I will be going more in the performance direction, since I really love the way these Leons drive and love to drive it as it deserves.

Hope I can turn your way if I have any questions related to your mods.

Enjoy your stay in Cyprus - its a great place with lots of friendly people.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.