My Leon Progress, Air ride, smoothed, NEW winter wheels MAM MT1's MEAN!!! PG16

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
i think in reality, it'll look a LOT better as that chop is poo :lol: loved the merc rims!! and as for the stretch on the tyres! doo ittt!, you know it makes sense, wider the better :D

I'm going for the stretched look, 215/35/18 ordered! got some 10mm spacers sat here to try on one side as i might just go for a 15mm spacer on the rear need to see though!
Yer merc rims were perfect! The BBS will look million times better than the gti rims.

really nice looking car you have there. them new wheels are going to look awesome.

Cheers dude! red n gold badges ordered for the centres too!

Hey mate thats looing awsome these days! shame you got rid of the RH's. Have you considered going onto Merc Alphards??? (sp)

And yes, after i did lots and lots of research, im 95% that you were the first leon in the UK on air. And im pretty sure im the second.

Not sure on what merc alphards are will have a look!
Always nice to be the first, i was doing it for practicality!

i think it looks schweeeeeeeet! however..... i do think it still looks better on the mercs, just has that more "euro" stance you are looking for with smoothed bumpers/boot, air ride etc. dont get me wrong the bbs' look ace but not euro enough for your car. your car is screaming and crying out for dish action.

Merc rims were perfect for sure, but they had to go too much for the refurb! BBS i'm happy with as they're replacing my gti rims, so they'll be for sale but i'm still on the hunt for some special wheels! I want some dishes for the summer!!!

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
Just organising my Front and Rear ARB's

Spoken with the chap from dpm and he reccomends the whitelines as these fit below the driveshafts. So pretty happy with that. Just wanted to check with you guys and if anyone has them fitted. What are they like??

"Going that low I'd say maybe go for the Whiteline 22mm front ARB which goes under the driveshaft and will give you move clearence then the others"

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
My driveway used to be the ultimate mountain as i used to scrap the front splitter and the bottom of the car everytime i went on or off the drive, Hence i have the air suspension for practicality! Still often scrub the bottom as i drive her as low as i can. Once i get the anti roll bars and new wheels be hoping to drive her even lower! If you aint scrubbing you aint dubbing!

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
Alot of cash, can be anything upto £2k, however i managed to get a very good deal as i found a second hand set which was used on a show car mk4 which had been put back to standard.

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
Amazing job. I just bought a black Leon Tdi (130) last week and I love it =]

mines come on a long long way from when i brought it buy yes great car. Very good economics and still reasonabily quick. Easily chipped to 170bhp. Tax and insurance prices is what did it for me as i was only 19 when i brought it.

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
Wheels have a arrived and getting tyres fitted 215/35/18.

Just unsure on the spacers at the mo 10mm is good without tyres but hard to tell.
Will post some pics up thursday and decide on 10mm or 15mm spacers on the rear.

SeatR

Mar 17, 2008
Norway, Bergen
probably a dam site cheaper in Norway.

cheaper in norway ? i believe everything is more expensive here, rather than in england.

due to high taxes.

take for example an LCR ! £8-6000 in uk ?

there is only 1 for sale here now, at £24,000

full exhaust for example £13-1400 :D

why you think we always shop ebay, and websites us, or uk.

love your rims by the way nick

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
My Leon smoothed and on air! new wheels pg2 :)

Hey guys

more progress today,

got the rubber fitted on my new rims 215/35/18 in the end as aspected.

Unfortunately had problems with my 10mm spacers it seems the sipgot isnt machined correct fits the hub ok but not the wheel, it seems the taper is too big on the spacer face. So gonna get onto the company i brought them from for a refund n get some elsewhere.

Here they are!

100_0635.jpg

100_0632.jpg

100_0641.jpg

100_0622.jpg

100_0629.jpg

100_0630.jpg

100_0633.jpg

Really happy with the result. Just need some 10mm spacers allround now :)

Please excuse the dirtyness was too excited to get them on!
She is my daily after all

Will get some more photos up once washed n waxed!

Last edited:

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
That looks stunning nick

thanks fella!

more progress the 10mm hubeccentric spacers i got through ebay arent possible to fit! as no where else can machine them to make the hubeccentric lip strong enough so those are going back. Spoke with vemon and i have 12mm hubeccentric spacers coming. I wont run not hubeccentric as its not safe! I can get my finger inbetween the arch n the tyre with her on the floor so 12mm should be perfect!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members