My Leon Progress, Air ride, smoothed, NEW winter wheels MAM MT1's MEAN!!! PG16

Cupraredtdi

cars loookinmg awesome! im getting coiiliies fitted sson but will never be able to have it as low as urs :cry:! im getting the same wheels either in silver or the black and red!

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
got my 12mm spacers today i put one on the back to see what it was like. and what can i say

PERFECT.

i have 2mm clearance on the inside of the arch when its on the floor.

however slight problem they sent me the wrong style wheel bolts with the spacers.

they sent me radius head bolts instead of the tappered head bolts i require!!

got a few local places i will pop to 2moro to get some new ones hopefully so maybe photos 2moro!

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
It looks amazing! Really like what you've done to it :)

It needs bigger brakes though :lol:

Yer shes only a standard 130 tdi, as i'm only 23 dont wanna be payin mountains for insurance.

My plans next is gonna be a big brake kit.

Then i would like to have a look into the 150 hybrid turbo conversion people have done but need to have a proper look into everything i will need to do so the car and engine can handle the extra torque.

What do you guys pay for your performance mods on the insurance?? any ideas on good companies to use. I'm currently with brentacre with all mods declared!

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
Cool i will try greenlight when mine ups up for renewal think its september ish.

New tappered wheel bolts will be here tuesday.

So gutted to put one on see what it looks like then take it off again!

Image011.jpg

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Looks mint with the spacers on :)

What trolley jack do you use? Since I lowered my car I can't get my trolley jack to fit under it without pre-jacking the car up with the original jack!

3LL1077

Mr Plumb
May 28, 2009
Peterborough
Just looked at this thread and love the motor, i must be honest tho, i much prefer the Mk5 GTi wheels, they set a black Leon off a treat!

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
Each to there own. The gti mk5's didnt set it off for me. but love these in the flesh!

I'm after some deep dish alloys for my show wheels as these dont do the car justice!

I use a sealey extra low lift race jack! this was ok when the car was lowered 50mm but still had to use a block of wood. I now have air suspension as you know, so jacking is no problem whatsoever. besides i have smoothed over the jacking covering the side skirts because they were the worst designed thing on the car. impossible to refit!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise