My Leon Progress, Air ride, smoothed, NEW winter wheels MAM MT1's MEAN!!! PG16

3LL1077

Mr Plumb
May 28, 2009
Peterborough
Just a radnom question but how hard is it keeping a black Leon clean?

Its the only thing putting me off really, if not it will have to be a silver or red one!

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
if you keep ontop of a black car and look after it with good washes and a proper detail with good products pretty easy, its only if you slip behind or use a car wash or sponge then it becomes painful as swirls will appear instantly!

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
man.. your car.... dam sick..... :censored::clap::clap::-o

thanks dude! new longer wheel bolts arrived today! just gotta retreive my jack from holding up a boat whilst some fibreglass went off. so fitting the spacers this afternoon.

will post up some pics later!

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
spacers are on and car is washed so pictures when i get back in!!

cant get my finger in between the wheel n arch on the rear,

fronts still have about a finger width of clerance but can still lock to lock with it on the floor with no rubbing.

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
Looking forward to seeing it with the spacers on, question tho i imagine you can drive normal road use that low so what do you do, raise the air suspension? if so what does it look like any pics?

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
i cant drive it that low correct, as my subframe is on the floor! i drive it about an inch higher. I catch the front splitter quite often the height i drive it at! the drive shafts scrub on corners quite often hence next on my mod list is a arb for the front to clear the drive shafts more! I'll take a few more photos how i drive it! if i could drive it lower i would! i always wanted coil overs but i then wouldnt have got on my driveway or into the work carpark so hence i went for the air ride for the practicality, its also my daily driver so must be sensible

crying_boy

Jan 8, 2006
Portugal
i cant drive it that low correct, as my subframe is on the floor! i drive it about an inch higher. I catch the front splitter quite often the height i drive it at! the drive shafts scrub on corners quite often hence next on my mod list is a arb for the front to clear the drive shafts more! I'll take a few more photos how i drive it! if i could drive it lower i would! i always wanted coil overs but i then wouldnt have got on my driveway or into the work carpark so hence i went for the air ride for the practicality, its also my daily driver so must be sensible

and can you turn with the air suspension at the same security as with the coils?
at high-speed? :think:

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
As promised guys.

A clean car with the spacers on !

Stance is perfect for me!

Enjoy!!

100_0709.jpg

100_0721.jpg

100_0727.jpg

100_0703.jpg

100_0707.jpg

100_0713.jpg

100_0726.jpg

100_0716.jpg

100_0728.jpg

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
100_0729.jpg

100_0731.jpg

100_0726.jpg

100_0735.jpg

100_0736.jpg

100_0739.jpg

100_0734.jpg

Few ones to show off the air ride, i've also added a standard ish ride height a couple of people asked for! i will try take a couple of photos of where i drive it!

Proper happy with the spacers on sets it off for me!

LOW and WIDE all the way!!!

Hoping to get some summer deep dish rims sometime but requires lots of saving!!

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
and can you turn with the air suspension at the same security as with the coils?
at high-speed? :think:

yep no problem at all!!

i have a friend i took wakeboarding the during the week he drives a honda intrega type R and was very impress as i took a small roundabout at 50 backend starting to slide out but gripping perfectly! air ride is just as good handling as coilovers i'd say!

nick_c_1986

kaizer is in the making
Sep 17, 2005
bmouth
just wondering how much longer drop links are and do they help alot with clearing driveshafts when dropping proper low??

wanna get the arbs but gonna cost a fair bit to get both and fitted. so wanna use the drop links whilst i save.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise