1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

My Leon TDI

Discussion in 'Readers Rides (SEAT)' started by Brettyboy, May 30, 2012.

1. heysidays

heysidays Guest

like the door handles

2. Brettyboy

Brettyboy Active Member

Thanks,i bought them already carbon wrapped

Update

Yesterday me & my bro fitted 25mm Eibach front arb,Polybushed wishbones & new ball joints
    Anyone thinking of doing this i strongly advise to do it,handling is spot on & i no longer get rubbing from the driveshaft on right lock as hoops are slightly bigger or arb :D

Also gave it a service while it was up in the air

#62 Brettyboy, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  3. jasc1988

What exactly is involved in changing tha arb?

I have one lying under my bed but had a look and thought stuff that

4. Brettyboy

Brettyboy Active Member

Not to bad did it on axle stands,undertray down,dogbone off,exhaust bracket off,unbolt steering rack,drop links,drop subframe,unbolt arb clamps & arb fell out,fitting new 1 was pretty easy

I fitted 25mm eibach & i'm down 45-50mm & i get no rubbing :)

5. Brettyboy

Brettyboy Active Member

Update

Got some 10mm spacers for the rear so going to raise the rear a tad & get rear wheels spaced out

Got a knock from the front going over pot holes have found out that on the jom's there is a nut the comes loose that course's the knock so going to strip front struts down & put some thread lock on,been on a year now so doing them good to strip & clean

Will hopefully be doing bumpers this year going to stay with pre facelift bumpers,plan is to do away with the rub strips on the bumpers & colour code

I've got a set of door moulding which are going to be colour coded
    Got a good few plans but waiting on my Bro to do body work

6. M20FES

going back a few months now, did you get them, if not it's easy enough to do yourself. just some masking tape and a tin of e-tech spray, £10 tops and there road legal. i did mine ages ago and they still look spot on.

7. Brettyboy

Brettyboy Active Member

No i didnt,i got a set of std lights for £20 & bought 2 cans of e tech,my bro works in a bodyshop & has the proper laquer so he's going to do them for me :)