Jimbobcook's Mk2 FL Leon Cupra R (sold)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So after 1 person cutting in a new door in his garage wall and next door chopping wood my car is covered in crap and now it's raining so clean car this week is out.

Although as its going into the garage tomorrow for 3 days it's never a bad time to clean out the engine bay lol

IMG_20190623_151736-2320x1305.jpg

I'm hoping me looking after her before the garage stint things go well haha

In for...
R8 Coil Pack
Spark plugs
Injectors off to be cleaned (ultrasonic magic)
Full service (including fuel filter)
New Sump pick up pipe
Sump cleaning
New dip stick (before the orange one breaks)

Also going to try and get them to paint my calipers while the injectors are away to be cleaned. Saves me trying to find some flat ground to jack my wheels up one by one lol

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Well cars back and I'd say the difference after the above is night and day, the power feels a lot smoother and idle and power down feels a lot less savage and more progressive.

All in all a well worth trip I'd recommend for anyone with similar age car with our engine.

Here's a copy of the flow rate report
2019-06-27 15_43_13-Window.jpg

And here was the main issue with the Injectors... The filter baskets... Pretty sure they should in one piece lol
unnamed.png

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Shirley has now been sold to a soon to be forum member I think. Great guy and I think he's going to look after her which is what I wanted.

Maybe new car time for me... But for now without a car.

Reactions: Oliver Pawley

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Unfortunately so, she's been treated well! As soon as I sell the car I get another 3p off a litre at shell haha

This is not acceptable!
Yeah sorry lol new car on the way hopefully very soon

Congrats on the sale

Look forward to seeing what you get next

mk2 leon cupra and a q3 sline stronic 177tdi quattro
So am I haha with some forum help I've managed to sort a good deal I think I'll know soon hopefully.

Oh no but yay is a mk4 Leon on the cards ?
Bye Shirley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It won't be a mk4 as I'm not keen as of yet but the Mk3 wasn't a hitter with me at the beginning anyway then it just grew on me so meh maybe in the future.

I don’t think a Mk4 would be acceptable, surely it got to me a Mk3 CUPRA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whatever it is you just want it to be desire red right lol

Cupra_Chris

Aug 1, 2015
West Sussex
Shirley has now been sold to a soon to be forum member I think. Great guy and I think he's going to look after her which is what I wanted.

Maybe new car time for me... But for now without a car.
I'm glad to finally see this post! Not because you are without the cupra but because you finally sold it! Congrats

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.