Jimbobcook's Mk2 FL Leon Cupra R (sold)

Deleted member 103408

hmmm look in anybody else's and you will find the answer.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
hmmm look in anybody else's and you will find the answer.

Haha, mines a tip. But useful. Have OBD connector, tyre tread depth, brake pad thickness, torch, plasters for when I shred my fingers.

Deleted member 103408

What about the sweets, Petrol Receipts and in my case random bits of paper.

Deleted member 103408

So here is my OCD Chart for people with Symmetry and ordering

1/ Like the car to be clean inside and out and all cubbyholes are neat and tidy

2/ Like the car to be clean inside and out - cubbyholes used but no food or drink allowed in the car

For those who suffer with Hoarding. (this is me)

1/ Like the car clean but are lazy when it comes to cleaning and everything gets chucked into cubbyholes and cleaned out every now and then.

the other types I have not yet met:

• Checking. - Is the car Clean.
  • Contamination / Mental Contamination. - Defo to do with cleaning the car and what to use.
  • Ruminations / Intrusive Thoughts. - Although this could be to do with cleaning the car
May get a job with the NHS looking after SEAT owners.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Not to mention my back seats are for decorative purposes only. And I frisk rear pockets before anyone gets in (just as a warning LOL).

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just ordered the following today ready for fitting on the 28th and a wash closely followed after.

The only thing that's made me happy today (man flu) is getting stuff ordered for the car lol

£70 of microfibers
2 x wheel brushes
8L Castrol 5w30 oil
PCV and gasket
Diverter Valve rev G
SuperPro antilift kit

Already got ready to fit

Cam follower kit
Air filter
Cupra stickers for brake calipers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ooo, list your microfibers! I can't believe I'm the first to ask!!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So still waiting for some microfibers and mitts but a nice delivery today.

SuperPro anti lift kit, boot gas struts, PCV (with gasket) and DV.
IMG_20181221_162327-2320x1305.jpg

1 large 1200gsm drying towel, 12 x 400gsm mop up towels, 3 x 840gsm towels and a load of applicator pads.
IMG_20181221_162302-2320x1305.jpg

8L oil
IMG_20181221_162636-2320x1305.jpg

2.5L of cherry Autobrite Magifoam(me and friend went halves to try it) and Adams car shampoo
IMG_20181221_162320-1305x2320.jpg

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
You fitting the ALK yourself? I had a look when the car was on the ramp for tyres, looks easy enough but wondering how easy it’ll be on my drive!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
You fitting the ALK yourself? I had a look when the car was on the ramp for tyres, looks easy enough but wondering how easy it’ll be on my drive!!

My drive is a slope so that's a negative for me, got a service in Jan so they will be fitting everything for me hopefully.

Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
My drive is a slope so that's a negative for me, got a service in Jan so they will be fitting everything for me hopefully.

Ah... that would make it interesting!! I’m tempted to ask my local garage if I can rent a ramp for a few hours to get the ALK and ARBs fitted. I like doing this stuff myself but I’m getting too old for lying on the drive in the cold (I’m only lol)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Ah... that would make it interesting!! I’m tempted to ask my local garage if I can rent a ramp for a few hours to get the ALK and ARBs fitted. I like doing this stuff myself but I’m getting too old for lying on the drive in the cold (I’m only lol)

I'd give most things a go as guides are everywhere but I'd want the car to work afterwards I'd probably loose sleep thinking I'd left bits off or something haha

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
My biggest worry these days is breaking something and not being able to get it to a garage.... the stuff I have left over never looks that important lol.

Reactions: Brimfull

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Oooo, nice delivery! I have no idea what I've ordered for Leon #2... I just know I've been spending straight for the last 40 hours.

Reactions: Yellow fr

louiskopite

Dec 18, 2018
Athens
Very nice stuff indeed. As a noob FR owner, must admit that already taking into consideration the oil you 're using and the cleaning equipment :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Very nice stuff indeed. As a noob FR owner, must admit that already taking into consideration the oil you 're using and the cleaning equipment :)
Thanks very much, I experiment with alot of detailing stuff so don't take everything as it's amazing lol

As for the parts I've got they are probably worth changing in a MK2 TFSI fr if you have the petrol as if they're original ones they maybe on the way out. I wanted to make the car ready for a remap if I or thr next person to own the car wanted to do it.

If you need any more info on cleaning products if be more than happy to help if you want to send me a message through chat on here.

Reactions: louiskopite

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Service done and bits fitted, feels like a new car which is nice when you leave your car with someone expecting issues lol although they did pick the smallest guy in the garage to drive it... So 6ft3 and knees behind my head when I got in haha

Found 2 split servo pipes so put them on order and getting wheel alignment done once the antilift kit has settled.

Parts fitted - PCV valve + new gasket, Diverter Valve, cam follower kit, SuperPro anti lift kit and castrol edge 5w30 oil.

Reactions: Sharpy
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.